What’s the one thing Marvel has that dc don’t

They have a Hulk.

1 Like

Kevin Feige running their movie franchise

4 Likes

Profit on tv shows?

1 Like

Star Wars

Psst … Tad … you might want to Google ‘Inhumans’. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Company wise, Marvel has far more organized and successful movie studios that stems from centralized control, versus Warner Brothers that has allowed chaos to derail their movie franchises due to feuding independent production companies. Thankfully DC Comics themselves have fared FAR better on the comicbook side. Too bad Warner refuses to allow DC Comics to govern itself despite DC obviously being the better managed company.

1 Like

Outside of the film studio organizational structure, I’d say the main things that Marvel has that DC doesn’t is real world settings, though NYC gets tiring, it’s still easier to relate to, and the X Men. Even though Marvel hasn’t used them well in about 15 years, the X men are definitely Marvel’s Ace (much like i think DC’s magic based heroes are theirs)

RDJ. Enough said.

Okay, super squirrel got me. Inhumans was the worst script ever. I am not sure whose idea it was to have Karkak get hit on the noggin, lose his powers, and grow pot at gun point for a whole episode? Someone actually got PAID for that? A Producer decided to throw set money at that? I am at a loss

1 Like

Both companies have some fantastic characters, incredible runs, and fantastic artists and writers if you look in the right places. To me, the real difference (comic wise) is the approach to the characters. From what I’ve seen, a lot of DC characters (Supes, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Arrow, etc.) are super heroes that often have secret identities as civilians. Most of Marvel’s characters (Spider-Man, Iron Man, Hulk, etc) are people with secret identities as super heroes. It’s a different focus on how the character is portrayed. Both have their merits, but Marvel’s style has always fit me best personally

2 Likes