What’s the one thing Marvel has that dc don’t

Constant relaunches and ferociously pissed off comic retailers that hate how they do business as of the last few years.

4 Likes

@Vroom: DC doesn’t have that? Somebody tell Dan DiDio; he’ll fix this in a jiffy.

3 Likes

@BatJamags Not to the extent Marvel does.

Potshots at Dan DiDio aside, Marvel has a better array of successful teams, while DC tends to shine more with the solo heroes.

2 Likes

Can we say Joe Quesada? Is he still a big wheel at Marvel?

Venom

Marvel is responsible for a lot of comic shops going out of business

4 Likes

A history of bankruptcy.

4 Likes

@Legend killer which DC movies have box office records just curious.

Great actors with great writing spanning decades of films

2 Likes

A movie universe that works

2 Likes

@batgogo, with out looking them up I would say Superman78 (if you don’t include that due to age than to each his own I guess), Batman 89, The Dark Night 2008, Aquaman 2018.

And honestly as far as comics go Marvel has Spider-Man and X-men, besides that I don’t feel like they any other runs that you could call consistently good or mostly good. The MCU is fun and the Captain American movies are quite good. but the MCU fans who bash DC when they don’t even read comics let alone Marvel ones or know the literature or lore of DC is really, really annoying.

DC fan walk up to someone:
“hey you like comic books?”
They respond:
“oh yeah I love the MCU.”
DC fan: :neutral_face::expressionless::pensive:
“Have a good day.”

4 Likes

@Aquamon huh I didn’t even think about the old Superman movies or Batman 89 (the only good one in my opinion) but know that I think of it Superman did have a high rating on the tomato scale. Also I got to agree with you on the little dialogue you wrote probably geared toward me but actually Im not the biggest fan of the mcu movies and despise it when people start arguments solely on knowledge they’ve acquired from movies.

1 Like

Batman was one of the top 10 most successful movies for years and years. It broke a ton of records.

The same applies to the The Dark Knight.

2 Likes

@Batgogo, oh no that little bit of dialogue was just me trying to be funny.

@Aquamon nah I know I was just playing the victim card. Don’t worry I dont take things to heart especially when it can be difficult to convey any sense of emotion through text.

1 Like

I know what you mean. Well you cool in my book buddy! :sunglasses: also very cool Dr. Fate pic.

Marvel has my heart.

1 Like

Good solo runs that are really good and that can redefine a medium until they become main stream and marvel those those best writer on it and they become bad because the same guy is writing a bunch of different runs

1 Like

Doctor Doom. But other than that, everything they have is inferior to DC (though I do like both franchises).

1 Like