what’s the difference between marvel shows and DC shows

???

DC shows haven’t all been cancelled

6 Likes

DC has better a better animationed universe. Marvel has better cohesion with their live action universe.
I hate this fact. But even I as a huge DC fan have to admit DC is a little lacking in the live action area. That being said tho, it looks like their trying to make it better.

1 Like

Other than Marvel broadcast shows being terrible, and Netflix blocking new Marvel shows I don’t see much difference.

2 Likes

I feel like every DC show has worked to find it’s own identity, whereas every Marvel show, largely feels the same. Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and the Punisher are equally dark, dour, and dreary- something DC gets a lot of flack for ironically. Arrow is a gritty crime show, Flash is a dramatic adventure show, Legends is adventure comedy, Supergirl tells stories featuring empowered women, Black Lightning touches on real and serious social issues. Titans is leaning pretty heavy into the dark and serious, and we’ll see if that works for it.

And the most important thing is: the DC shows actually feel like comic book shows. The Marvel shows are going so far out of their way to be realistic, that they lose the comic aspect along the way. For example, if Jessica Jones or Iron Fist were MCU films, they’d have no qualms about making Kilgrave purple-skinned, or giving Danny his costume. The CW shows gave Ray Palmer an Atom suit, they gave Leonard Snart a cold gun, they gave Ragman his screen debut! DC is interest in bringing their comics to life on TV. Marvel only seems to want to inject certain comic elements into real life, but it’s still real life.

9 Likes

@truthof Pisces. Exactly!!! I’m sitting watching punisher the other day ( one of my fav comics from marvel since I was knee high to a grasshopper) I don’t even know if I feel like finishing the second season it’s basically just a death wish tv show and kind of a bummer.

3 Likes

@truth_of_pisces I think you hit it on the head. DC shows feel like comic books, while Marvel’s netflix world looses a lot of the comic book fantastical elements.

3 Likes

The differences the characters

ToP nailed it.

1 Like

DC is just…better.

2 Likes

At the end of a DC show, I don’t feel like punching staples into my stomach

DC is much more adult-oriented. Meaning DC is targeted more for adult audience with far more mature themes.

1 Like