What made you drop a book?

I’m generally not a fan of crossover books, also. If I really like the series, though, I can generally put it with the one (or sometimes two) issues the crossover derails the main story line.

New52 Green Arrow. I was a huge GA fan since the end of Grell’s run and I always enjoyed Dan Jurgen’s work on the Superman books but New52 Green Arrow just wasn’t cutting it for me and I dropped the book entirely.

Only thing other than a book just stinking that will make me drop a book is if a writer starts putting his own political agenda in a story and not using the characters voice.

3 Likes

My brother ran into me once, and I dropped a whole stack of comics.

Ba-dum-cisss!

4 Likes

A lack of good character work. Especially in team books, character comes before everything.

Also, a few times, I’ve dropped books because the lettering was nearly illegible.

1 Like

@HubCityQuestion
Ah! A fellow lettering enthusiast! Who’s your favorite? I’m pretty partial to John Workman myself.

That new batman issue, the wedding. The characters had these major revelations in like 8 seconds and it made no sense to me. Set up was non existant. I lost interest to see how this story plays out at this point.

When Ollie shaves. I will not touch it.