What Is Your Opinion of Wonder Woman?

Welcome to the community! I’ve noticed the same thing about the mythology and different writers, but I guess that’s explained away by the various “Crisis” series.

3 Likes

I’m currently reading through all of the Flashpoint series including the tie-ins, so my present perception of WW is very different than the norm. :joy:

3 Likes

As far as the animated movie goes, i liked Flashpoint Wonder Woman

4 Likes

She’s my angel. Her Golden Age stories by Marston are in my top 10 for the Golden Age. I enjoyed the first Wonder Woman movie so much that I literally felt better about life afterwards. When Diana is done well, there’s not much better.

4 Likes

The golden age Wonder Woman comics may be some of my favorite comics of all time.

5 Likes

I’ve worked out in my head that Diana would be the greatest counter puncher in history.

In combat sports, boxing or MMA, a great counter puncher will turn your aggression against you. Some knockouts are brutal because a fighter was moving forward with their hands down when they got hit, which makes it worse. Counter punching is about timing and great reflexes, which Diana has in abundance. Hell, bullets and bracelets would 100% be a training technique for this style of fighting.

4 Likes

I love Diana! She’s one my favorite characters ever, granted I haven’t read a lot of her stuff beyond her Rebirth and Earth One title. Greg Rucka is my favorite WW writer, though I probably should check out her classic writers.

2 Likes

@TheChristmasMoth @RufusPentecost

Yeah! Golden Agers forever!

1 Like

It’s strange. The trinity is my three favorite superhero’s. They are all polar opposites. Batman fights for justice, Superman saves the world. While Wonder Woman? She fights for peace. But, we knew that already.

2 Likes

Growing up she just kind of existed. I didn’t hate but never really liked her. She was and was cool but never interested me. Saw the movie and it was awesome™:+1:. When I started reading comcis and got to reading hers this year it was awesome™:+1:. I’m a fan of Greek mythology so that aspect interesting but never got into it. Once I started reading I can definitely say now I like the character. Her rouges as well have been great that I don’t think shine much because it always ends up being just cheetah or a new Greek god.

As for her in the league I thinks she’s the trinity’s glue. Bats and Supes sure they’re friends but they buts head she helps keep them on track to what needs to be done.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Sweet video!

2 Likes