What is your favorite underrated series/storyline.

The Viking Prince: Viking Glory is an unknown classic.

3 Likes

Camelot 3000 and the fact that it was the first series not printed on newsprint makes it a milestone as well.

I will also say for as much as people like & know it, COIE is still underrated. I’d argue it’s the 4th most important storyline in all DC, after the 1st appearances of the trinity.

3 Likes

@DeSade-acolyte
Importance doesn’t make a story good. Crisis on Infinite Earths is a great-looking book, for sure, but it’s poorly written and a total mess as far as plot is concerned. It’s editorial intervention in the form of a story, and, influential or not, it’s pretty bad.

I share your love for penguin p&p. I read Godhead on here, they have the full run. I’d never heard of it b4. Its lanterns vs New Genesis and Apokolips, I was in instantly. Great read.

1 Like

Desade-Acolyte

I just saw your post on Camelot 3000. I’m totally with u. I just happened across it and started reading. Was so much more then I expected it especially since I’d never heard of it b4. I would recommend it to anyone.

Peter David
Supergirl 1996
Issues 75 through 80

This Supergirl is not from Krypton but a merger between human Linda Danvers and the Matrix who appears in the Death of Superman stories.

By this time she is very human in emotion and good as a person.

In these issues a rocket crashes on Earth. It is the original Supergirl.

Really very well done.

2 Likes

Aquaman: the Search for Mera. A nine-part arch in’68/'69 at DC was a truly revolutionary offering. It’s a great story with gorgeous Jim Aparo artwork and would make a terrific animated movie.

2 Likes

I always forget this one but not b/c it’s not memorable. Justice League: Gods & Monsters is great imho. I don’t hear much about it. The movie was well received & I love it too. The comic was way better then expected. Simply b/c nobody ever said, hey u gotta check this one out, to me personally. I was already sold from the rip. Then u give me 4th world & Elseworld Furies. You got me every time!!!

What’s that in? Or is that literally what the comic name is?

It’s awesome!!!

@jackknight_73 @Batwing52 & @superby1. I need to do altogether cuz I’m posting too much in a row. Janus Directive is an all time favorite. Hourman 99’ I just read maybe a month ago? I was waiting to finish DC one million b4 I read it. Very, Very good. Especially for one I went into blind cuz it looked cool to me. Never heard anything about it. I promoted it right away. Janus Directive I’ve read several times & will again.

2 Likes