What Is Your Favorite DC Movie or TV Show Directed by James Gunn?

James Gunn is a director who is famous for movies like Guardians of the Galaxy, Scooby Doo, and that one called “movie 43”…
He also has been a part of a variety of DC movies and a few tv shows. In my opinion I my favorite is Suicide Squad from 2021 :00_suicide_squad2: . What’s yours?

2 Likes

As of right now nothing.

1 Like

Peacemaker! Loved it!!!

1 Like

I checked, I have not seen anything he has written or directed.

2 Likes

I am impressed. Not a Scooby-Doo fan?

1 Like

Just the early cartoons and when the Scooby Gang teams up with you.

2 Likes

1 Like

much further back than that to 1972

Did Casey Kasem get two checks for this?

2 Likes

Voice actors are often paid by the line meaning he would have gotten one bigger check. Not to mention he had a longtime and consistent role in 2 beloved franchises at once.

1 Like

Also is anybody else bothered how they released this on VHS? They released the two crossovers in the wrong order, and I could tell which one was made first, because it was the more natural introduction and first meeting.

1 Like

I’ve seen The Suicide Squad and every episode of Peacemaker and they’re…okay? Not terrible, not particularly great. Gunn has a good grasp on characterization and direction but his shows and movies all feel the same in certain regards and I find his inability to write adult characters who actually act like adults pretty irritating.

2 Likes

Loved The Suicide Squad and Peacemaker.

Also remember enjoying ‘Super’ the first R rated superhero film I watched.
Only seen the first Guardians of the Galaxy movie and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Grew up with Scooby Doo stuff and liked those films as a kid. These are all the stuff I’ve seen from Gunn so far.

1 Like

u didn’t like peacemaker?

1 Like

Welcome to the community. I never watched it, and I have no interest in seeing a show about an unfunny and unlikeable guy from a movie that has the comedy routine of a simple made for the internet parody minus the pacing skills.

2 Likes

That’s honestly what i thought but it was very good. I was kinda forced to watch the first episode and then I ended up loving the whole show and peacemaker himself.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community! Please let us moderators know if you ever need anything :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ever see “Slither”?

1 Like

Noice

1 Like