What is your definitive Joker version?

My version is Heath Ledger’s joker

1 Like

Animation: Mark Hamill

Live action: Heath with Jack in a close second.

Overall: Hamill.

3 Likes

Mark Hamil
Jack Nicholson
Caesar Romero
Heath Ledger
Jared Leto

1 Like

Heath Ledger. Tough for me not to say Jack Nicholson since he’s ‘my’ Joker but Ledger was perfect.

Although honorable mention needs to go to Mark Hamilton, but I went with live action.

1 Like

Live action Heath Ledger. Overall Mark Hamill

1 Like

Having a favorite is one thing but a definitive Joker depends on your point of view of what that means. Animated, Romero and Jack are comic book Jokers while Heath and Leto both did great performances but are definetly elseworlds Jokers with a sprinkle of comic book elements

3 Likes

Jack and Romero, choosing between those two is impossible for me.

Im sorry but Mark Hamill is extremely overrated.

Leto was meh but to be fair we didn’t get to see much of his Joker.

Ledger was a wonderful take on the Joker and perfect for the movie he was in but like i said, its Jack and Romero for me.

1 Like

Not a fan of Hamill’s voice work?

1 Like

Hamill’s version is what I grew up with, so it’s very hard to remove that from my impression of Joker. Late 80s-late 90s era comic Joker is my personal favorite.

1 Like

Hamill. Doesn’t matter what the Joker might look like, but that iconic voice is what makes the character.

1 Like

@TX85, im not against Hamill’s voice work i just dont get all the hype for both him and the show as a whole. Its enjoyable but thats about it for me.

1 Like

Jerome

1 Like

Cesar Romero

6 Likes

None. I hate the Joker.

1 Like

I really loke the joker in the arkham games. It really shows you how evil he really is

2 Likes

For me, it’s what @Vroom said. And whenever I read the Joker in a comic I hear Hamill’s voice.

3 Likes

Hamill’s voice. Leto’s portrayal. He mashed up all the different Jokers into one. I liked Heath but he wasn’t the God of the role hes been made out to be

1 Like

Mark Hamill / Bruce Timm / Eric Rodomski version
, particularly in BtAS! The Voice and mannerisms are perfect. Exactly how I think of the Joker, now. Before Hamill, I couldn’t even say for sure. I think I always thought of a more menacing version of something like Caesar Romero’s, at least after I started reading the comics. Romero was who I grew up on, though. As a 7- 9 year old discovering Batman through that TV series, he was a very different version than I discovered when I started actually reading comics in the early 70’s.

1 Like

Batman: The Animated Series’s Joker. Most definitely, the voice, the style, the design and THAT LAUGH! I love every single aspect of this encarnation.

1 Like

Batman: The Animated Series for me all day, every day! Mark Hamill’s voice gives me chills :slight_smile:

1 Like