What does everone think about Doom Patrol so far?

omg THE WORST, just kidding, I absolutely love it to pieces, only 3 episodes in and it’s already one of my fav shows of the last 12 years or so

2 Likes

I’ve only seen the first two episodes. My wife needs to catch up and we’ll get on the third one. I like it. As far as the F-bombs and the nudity, I personally enjoy DC’s choice not to shy away. They came up with the Vertigo imprint way before way before Marvel Knights and Marvel MAX. The TV-MA stuff Marvel has on Netflix doesn’t go the extra mile when it could and should, especially with The Punisher. Even if the mature content sorta got shoehorned into Teen Titans, I at least applaud the bold choice to take something that’s always been labeled for kids and handle it in a realistic and mature way.

I’m really enjoying the show and I like it a little more than Titans.

3 Likes

I love this show. I got DC Universe specifically to see “Doom Patrol” and it hasn’t disappointed at all. Very entertaining. (Admittedly, “Titans” and “Young Justice” have turned out to be a strong bonus. And I already on them, but having “Constantine” and “Birds of Prey” readily available is nice too.)

3 Likes

Favorite show on the platform. But always 1 too many F bombs per episode. I’m hoping they learn moderation with F bombs. Too many F bombs spoils the comedy shock & awe of the F bomb. But I guess the F bomb becomes a fun new expression for the kids. F bomb.

4 Likes

Love it!

1 Like

I am in agreement with Indestructible Doom Patrol has fallen into a similar rut as Titans did, although not to the same degree. Having this platform where there are no censorship restrictions has allowed the writers and directors of these shows free reign and they are taking to it like hungry children in a candy store. There needs to be a balance. I don’t watch super hero stories to get slapped in the face with crudity. Too much random foulness is just off-putting and distracts from the story. Titans went a bit overboard with the language. Doom Patrol is an improvement, but still has a way to go to get the balance right. Keep going in the right direction.

I will say that the nude sex scenes seemed completely out of place. Yes, they established Cliff as a cad, but I think, judging by the rest of the show, they could have come up with a more clever way to get that point across.

2 Likes

Never read enough of the comic to truly compare it to that. But as a show itself… it’s awesome. Really enjoy it.

3 Likes

I think Doom Patrol is a step in the right direction. I haven’t read the comics, but from a pure show stand point it does alot to fill in backstory on the charachters. Robot Man steals the show and at times his reactions make him feel like an audience memeber. The way he says WTF with the reaction of a random person along for the ride gets me lol. I agree that too much of something is never a good thing, when it comes to the gore and cursing on the show. Tone it down a little and it could go along way to hitting home jokes and emotions down the line. Larry is a good example, with mainly dropping things during moments of anger and frustration. I feel like cliff gets a pass though because of his blue collar additutde.

Befroe I go off on a tangent anymore though, I do love the series so far. It gives me hope for other shows. I came for Young Justice, but this series hooked me on other IP coming out. Can’t wait for episode 4 and new content coming this year.

1 Like

Love how they put in vegetable animal mineral man I the show. But when is Danny street making his debut appearance

1 Like

Ok considering its obviously low budget. I mean cyborg with glued on plastic pieces. It reminds me of 50’s B-movie scifi; which I am a fan.

2 Likes

I think the slight jankiness looks right for this version of Cyborg, sort of improvised in the lab by Silas as opposed to transformed by a Motherbox. I mean he kinda IS a guy with glued on pieces.

1 Like

I like how they are leaning more towards Cyborg’s original origin, instead of the New 52 version. I do think they can dial back on the “F-bomb” a bit. Not totally, but every line from Cliff doesn’t need it. As Rita said “We get it!” Storytelling has been fun so far. And the cast has knocked it out of the ballpark!

3 Likes

It’s alright. The F bombs could fall back a bit but other than that, it’s watchable. I like the actor they chose as cyborg but I’m not a fan of his look. He just doesnt look like a machine. He just seems like a REALLY good cosplay for comic con. But that’s as far as my compliment is gonna go on that…

1 Like

I’m loving it. It’s offbeat, pretty faithful to the comics, and Robot Man steals the show for me.

1 Like

Fantastic, Doom Patrol and Titans makes me excited for all of the new shows coming. Hoping they keep hitting home runs.

1 Like

Beyond impressed by the cinematography and acting. Every frame is beautiful in its own way and the characters do an awesome job in their individual roles. Episode 2 showing off a large chunk of Jane’s personalities was a lot of fun. She steals the show for me! The writing and drama for each character is fantastic.

I really do love everything about this show. I didn’t think I would, but man, DC really did it this time.

2 Likes

I am loving it. It is weird… so… so weird. But the characters are so well done and so compelling that it keeps it grounded even in the weirdest of moments.

2 Likes

@DanTheManOne1 Accurate.

This is gonna be the most binge watched show here on DCU and it is going to get people to watch it.

1 Like