what do you use to read your comic books here at DCU?

I was wondering how Everybody reads the comic books on the site. Do you read from the computer, phone or iPad type device? If you’re reading on the tablet what size do you use?

1 Like

I use a 10.5" Samsung S4 tablet to read all my digital media except books (the written word) and for that I use a Kindle Paperwhite.

This tablet works great for comics here and elsewhere. The screen is well suited in size and definition.

iPad mini. The size makes it convenient to carry everywhere and still has a decent size screen. Plus all my music is on here

My computer. It has a big screen.

1 Like

-TV
-computer
-tablet
-phone

I use a 10-inch Galaxy Tab A by Samsung (Android) for reading comics on DCU as well as comics for Comixology Unlimited and once in awhile on Marvel Unlimited.

It’s pretty nice to use for DCU now that I have a rotation app so I can hold the tablet normally and be able to read and enjoy hrre, rather than having to hold the tabley sideways,which was my fate before the rotation app was installed.

1 Like

Iphone X

@Don-El

The Tab A is a great reading device. It is the one we moved up from, but we did it solely because of storage space. Had it not been for that, we would have continued to use the Tab A. It really is an outstanding tablet, loved ours.

1 Like

I’m using an iPad 9.7 inch but wish I had a bigger screen

1 Like

I use my 5th generation iPad to read all my digital comics. To watch movies and shows I have an Apple TV and a Firestick.

1 Like

I read them on a Roku, and I want to say real quickly for anyone who is interested in watching DCU on their TV and having trouble smart casting. I would HIGHLY recommend looking into a Roku. The cheaper versions are around 30 bucks and I got one back when Roku was still a new thing and it is the best 100 bucks I have EVER spent, and given they have cheaper models now… just food for though I think anyone who went that route would not be disappointed.

2 Likes

I second DanTheManOne’s spot on assessment of Roku. It’s a great piece of hardware for a cheap amount of scratch.

1 Like

The Samsung tablet or the Apple tablet which ever one is not being used or is charged

1 Like

Mainly using my phone for reading comics at the moment. My daughter is only five months old so it’s more convenient while I’m holding her (and I get to show her all the awesome pictures and whatnot). When she remembers that she’s capable of sleep then I use my iPad.

For shows/movies I have my laptop connected to the tv. Hoping they release the app across more devices soon.

I use a 10.5” iPad Pro to read all my digital comics.

1 Like

I definitely prefer reading my comics on the big screen!
Usually on my FireTV. :blush:

2 Likes

Samsung Galaxy phone for me. I Always have it on me and like to read if I have some time to kill

1 Like

I’ll use a computer completely on my own time and not at work. At home, I use the Silk browser on my Kindle Fire. Even though they don’t have an app, the mobile version of the site works perfectly.

1 Like

I read comics from my 60 inch TV or from my 10 inch tablet. I have really been enjoying seeing these comics on a big screen.

1 Like

I might have read a comic on my 5.5" LG Stylus phone once.

I think I used my Kindle Fire HDX 7 to read a comic from the DC site, in Silk, once.

I know I read at least one comic on my 43" Roku TV. (but I would have had to sit closer to the screen to read it better, which seemed odd since it has such a large screen - aging eyes may have something to do with it though). The large screen TV is the best way to watch the DC Universe original programming though, and other shows.

Mostly though, I use my 24" monitor on my custom built (by me) PC for reading comics. This works best for me. The PC monitor is of good enough size to watch movies and such as well, but mostly, I try to keep movie time to the evenings, and work and play on the PC during the day.

MACJR

1 Like