What do you think the difference between DC fans and marvel fans

The form of media that they prefer to consume.

1 Like

I dig both. :woman_shrugging:t4: not many of my buddies will argue or complain of which is betterā€¦ because we appreciate both DC and marvel. Both have good and bad points. And both have had good and bad films.

6 Likes

Nothing.

2 Likes

Marvel fans have cloven hooves for feet. Really. They all have to wear special shoes made from the cows used to get the beef for hamburgers at Wendyā€™s.

3 Likes

Well, I can honestly tell you that there is no difference between me as a DC fan and me as a Marvel fan. Iā€™m also a fan of superheroes from other companies too. I guess I should just say that Iā€™m a superhero fan instead. Hereā€™s a photo of Batman Wolverine mashup(Dark Claw) and Joker Sabertooth mashup(Hyena)

6 Likes

This is definitely NOT necessary.

1 Like

I just like good writing I donā€™t care which publisher it is suggested marvel writers would be Cates and Jason Aaron

2 Likes

DC fans have an solid view of both companies, Marvel fans just go based off movies and popularity.

4 Likes

Marvel fans are casuals.

3 Likes

No difference!

1 Like

Both have casuals running fan accounts that openly harass anyone, some are barely even DC\Marvel and just attack or defend. No news, facts, or just all around comic book related stuff, just attacks.

1 Like

@ Mr.marooned Attacking other people over fiction is just plain stupid. But theres a lot to be said about enjoying a rivalry and the sides of it that youā€™re on. Honestly there are some great Marvel stories Iā€™ve discovered through the rivalry with my Marvel friends. Planet Hulk for instance, even though its at the very least, inspired by Superman: Exile, itā€™s really a better tuned version of it. And is Exile is my favorite Superman story arc.

Anyway the great DC vs Marvel should always be encouraged and enjoyed. I believe it really helps comics stay relevant. Just so itā€™s kept within the realm of common sense.

Personally I think the Marvel fans have gotten too cocky that their movies are more well received then DC films have been. Although personally and I may be in the minority, I liked Aquaman a lot better than I did Infinity War or Black Panther this past year.

My own bias and all due respect to late great Stan Lee, I never found the Marvel characters remotely interesting outside of Spider-Man & The X-Men.

2 Likes

Well we have our own app just saying

DC Characters are way better Marvel movies are way better I love dc!! aquaman n wonder woman were the best movies I just wish the timing was better I think aquaman movie should have came out b4 the justice league movie n maybe a flash movie to these characters story is way better then just what we seen in the justice league movie

I think the answer to the threads question is different now that it was when I was a kid. Or maybe the same answer still applies, I am not sure.

When I was a kid, how I saw things is that there was a big difference between Marvel and DC comic books. DC was more hopeful and innocent back then, with fun but perhaps childish stories, but imaginative and fun to read. Marvel was more mature and deep thinking, but also darker themed to some extent. I liked both Marvel and DC comics, but leaned far more towards DC as my first choice of reading material. I liked the more innocent and imaginative DC stories, and the heroes better.

However, that all changed in the mid-to-late 1980s, DC shed off its youthful, more innocent way, like a snake shedding its skin, and became a provider of much darker and dreary stories. Gone was the youthful innocence of the silver age, and in came the Dark Ages of DC comics. I have been cringing and disgusted ever since. Now, Marvel comics are the less darker comics.

I still enjoy some of the stories and movies if have seen though, but I no longer collect the comic books. I had finally came to a point were I just could not keep reading those dreary stories, and constantly re-imagined characters. It is like the characters completely change every five years now. New histories, new personalities, and always in flux to something different. No stability or light at the end of the tunnel stories left in the DC Universe.

Sigh, perhaps more my own aging perspective. I know that the past I paint was not as brightly lit as I remember it, but it was different, that much is true.

Still, I am here. I will occasionally read a digital comic book to see how things are now, and sometimes even enjoy a story or two, but I am often disappointed at all the changes I see.

I did enjoy the DC Universe show, Titans, but it was very dark and bleak. But by modern standards, it is a damned good show.

I would like something lighter, and more innocent, but not campy, or stupid, to be considered for some future DC show though. Maybe a Superman series, that does not have to be from the Silver Age, but not exactly like what the character has become in the comics or movies either. Smallville was good, maybe continue that story, or something similar.

MACJR

Forgot to say that my friends tended to like Marvel comics more than I did. Their reason was that they thought Marvel comic characters seemed more real to them. While DC comics were more like fantasy and not as believable.

But for me, I loved that, being able to imagine a fantasy reality that was better than my own.

I am not sure if that is how the young would see the difference between Marvel and DC fans today though.

MACJR

MACJR

Personally I prefer DC to Marvel because when I started reading comics DC had better stories and the books were more writer driven. Marvel at the time leaned more on the artwork and the writing always seemed second to the drawings. Iā€™d prefer to read a gripping story like The Dark Knight returns that has some pretty bad artwork at times, over a mediocre story that has amazing art.

@Admiral DC has amazing art now too. At least, my idea of great art. Guys like Jorge Jimenez, Greg Capullo, Clay Mann.

One of them has good taste. Iā€™m sure we all know which one is which XD