What do you think the difference between DC fans and marvel fans

???

1 Like

Honestly, idk. Its not that I hate marvel, I just don’t like their comics/characters (except for spiderman). That and I grew up liking Batman, so now I have spread to more of DC, and I understand it more than Marvel

4 Likes

Marvel tends to be more coherent across its entire line. While there are some Marvel books that work fine on their own (Fraction’s Hawkeye for instance) I find that the more Marvel Comics you read (past and present) the more you will get out of any given series. As a consequence I find that most die hard Marvel fans tend not to hyper focus as much on specific characters/teams (with X-Men fans being a bit of an exception).

With DC I find that its alot easier to cherry pick the best stuff because there’s almost no continuity to speak of even between current books (Bendis can’t even keep things straight between the two Superman books he’s writing). DC’s Universe is also a lot more eclectic lacking the strong creative voices of Lee, Kirby and Ditko working over a much shorter time frame (consider that roughly 70% of the Marvel Universe was created by those three people in the space of about four years.

3 Likes

There is no genetic difference, but they may exist at different vibratory speeds

8 Likes

Both sides can be extremely toxic. But both sides can also be very pleasant. So I’m not sure what the fundamental difference would be. We’re all fans of comic books and cbm’s. To me, I think DC fans are more passionate about their material so we tend to be more vocal when people throw shade at our favorite characters, and that’s just from average street levelers. When it’s marvel fan that starts to spew vitriol, I think we as the fan base take that a little more personally (don’t ask why), and it hits a nerve, so we defend. Marvel fans will use their cinematic universe and RT scores to gauge their success and will use this to show how DC has failed and we all know that’s incorrect, even though I can see why they would do that. Anyways, all fan bases have their ups and downs it’s just a matter of seeing the other persons perspective.

4 Likes

The difference is the faceless multi-billion dollar mega corporation they’ve aligned themselves with.

1 Like

I’m a DC guy through and through (even though I do enjoy certain Marvel characters/books). Anyway DC fans, on the whole, seem to be less arrogant and cock sure when it comes to their personal outlook on the rival company. Marvel fans always have a pretty basic and irritating argument against DC…

“More realistic/grounded in reality blah, blah, blah. New York, blah, blah, blah. Superman’s over powered, unrelatable, and boring blah, blah, blah. DC heroes are are corny and ridiculous compared to our marvelous lineup… Except Batman. Batmans COOL! But thats really all blah blah blah. Stan blah blah blah.”

When in truth is they have an ignorant and outdated POV on the DCU. As a DC diehard I’ve always found our side to be more inspirational and iconic. Though theres a alot I repsect and like about the Marvel heroes, I’ve always perceived them as Busch League comparison. But thats just me.

7 Likes

Other than Marvel fans having been assimilated by the Borg, I really don’t notice much of a difference.

3 Likes

What @DCCOMICSINCRISIS said.

3 Likes

*Shameless Bump

1 Like

I don’t know that there us a difference. I like them both, probably DC moreso than Marvel.

Or maybe I have a dual personality? Or maybe multiple personalities as I also like IDW, Dark Horse, Image, Dynamite and so on. Probably ought to make an appointment with Dr, Frost and have that looked at.

4 Likes

@LonelyLobo Lmao I think most fans in general are in your boat. I like all those other publishers as well.

1 Like

Intelligence, good looks, proper bathing regimen

4 Likes

Well think marvel fans just rely on the Mcu

2 Likes

Live action movies. When DC finally figures out how to collaborate their characters into a shared universe than DC will be crushing it in comics, animation, live action shows and live action movies.

3 Likes

From my personal friend group, it seems to be more based on hero perception. Marvel tries to humanize their Gods, and DC makes Gods of their humans. There’s also the whole “Growing up on the Spider-Man and X-men 90’s shows” that my friends will use as an excuse to not read DC, they even use that excuse to hate on Cyclops.

I’ve been chipping away at one of my friends perceptions by introducing him to characters and series he’s never heard of (Etrigan, Plastic Man, Guy Gardner). I tell him I’ll listen to any issues he has with them, but he’s going to read at least one run before he forms opinions.

5 Likes

for me personally since i do have 2 friends that really dont appericate DC at all is that most marvel fans are exteremely buyest and cant appericate anything DC does i tell 2 of my friends how good gotham is and they just tell me gotham is pure shit like how you never seen it before also another example i went to see aquaman and this dude was litterly on his phone the entire time like your here to watch a movie why are you on your phone you really spent your hard earned money to be on your phone than complain well DC doesnt put enough effort into putting action into the movie but forget that the movie has to build up to it its like that for all superhero related movies it cant but just pure action it has to lead up to it i just whish everyone can get along and appericate now on how popular comic book stuff has gotten i got told way back in the day you use to get picked on or made fun of just for reading a comic book we should be happy and say im glad that DC and marvel are popular its about time people finally realize why we read comic books

3 Likes

That guy that was on his phone during Aquaman, you should have reported him to a manager who would’ve:

A. Politely told him to stop it.

B. If this issue persisted, would’ve kicked him out.

5 Likes

I will admit I am more of a Marvel fan. I mainly like DC for the street heroes. I actually appreciate a lot more of the villains. I am drawn to Marvel because of the humanity of the characters. They have real flaws. Alcoholism, underage school kid, wife beating, narcissistic attitude, and so on. Not to say DC does not have characters like that. Also the X-Men has always had appeal to me being an outsider. They stand strong for who they are even when the world do not want them.

2 Likes

Yeah…Most of the marvel fans like marvel because of good the storyline was…The community keeps growing too because of infinity war and more.DC all the way:)

1 Like