What Do You Love About The DC Universe Community?

Whatever changes you make to the community forums, please keep it it so that the most recently active threads move to the top. This is the best feature of these forums. This allows us to keep conversations alive, as long as people are still interested in engaging in the discussion.

It’s so much better this way than other much worse forums I’ve tried hanging around, like Reddit for instance, where, in a popular community, threads usually only have a lifespan of about a day, because whatever you post soon gets buried and forgotten very quickly, so if you comment on a discussion that’s older than about a day old, no one’s likely to ever see or care about what you said.

7 Likes

Ok dokey @Applejack…what I’d like to see…brain dump incoming:

• Viewable user profiles, with posts, upvotes, forum friends, posted images etc.
  • The ability to “follow” another member’s posts.
  • PM system.
  • Better image and link posting.
  • Selectable text on mobile.
  • The ability to pin certain posts.
  • Coverage of collectables in the news section with links to discuss in forum. Not just DC Collectibles items, but DC items from other vendors as well (Mattel, Sideshow, etc). Instead of going to outside websites for this, let’s make this the place for it.
  • Involvement of DC Comics creators on the forum. Maybe a monthly Q&A with a different artist/writer each time.
5 Likes

I like what XNam & Moro said.

I believe what makes the community so good is how it’s run & handled. Maybe let’s get clones of all the mods, so we have double the Awesomeness? :slight_smile:

Seriously, I’d like the community to be available on my TV. Hopefully with DC Universe coming to XBox, maybe I can hook up a keyboard and post & chat directly from my TV. I’d love that.

1 Like

I like how organized and well kept the community is.

I would like to see replies to comments, notifications on the main community page for when people reply to you, and the options to edit and delete posts.

I would also like all replies in a thread to continue to be organized by time posted instead of something else, like likes. It allows for a linear discussion that continues over time without being broken up.

2 Likes

Will our account names still be the same?

1 Like

Everyone is very kind on here. On any game/question thread you will never see fighting. This community has amazing sportsman ship and WE just have fun, and that’s what matters. If this kind of spirit ever leaves this community, I dont know what I’ll do.

4 Likes

I enjoy how active the mods are. I know it’s kind of what they are here for but seeing them post on almost all topics is great. Even if someone isn’t able to promote a lasting discussion at least they got one reply or the insight of one person which I think is much better then a post being ignored entirely.

I think the incoming additions are going to take the forums to the next level and I hope they encourage even greater engagement then what we have seen now.

6 Likes

I enjoy how active the mods are. I know it’s kind of what they are here for but seeing them post on almost all topics is great. Even if someone isn’t able to promote a lasting discussion at least they got one reply or the insight of one person which I think is much better then a post being ignored entirely.

I think the incoming additions are going to take the forums to the next level and I hope they encourage even greater engagement then what we have seen now.

3 Likes

I do not chime in as often as I might, but I enjoy keeping tabs on all my fellow nerds and DC junkies; what they are watching or reading. Most of the cry babies that were around earlier seem to have left and it seems more of a community of fans.

4 Likes

A few community things I enjoy in random order :

-The moderators. I’ve been a part of many forums over the years where the mods in those “communities” clearly played favorites and blatantly ignored people all while claiming they were good at their jobs and knew what they were doing (they weren’t and they didn’t). The DC Universe moderators do an EXCELLENT job of managing the community.

They’re great people and I hope to meet even more of them in person as time goes on. The sooner the better too :wink:

-Civility. We can agree to disagree when necessary. We all seem to realize that getting outright angry at each other over entertainment is a magnificently stupid thing to do. Someone doesn’t revel in what you do? That’s okay. Just take a breath and accept we have different tastes and interests. Move on.

-Passion! Oh, I do LOVE to nerd out over DC! I’m glad there are so many people here we can just dive right into the wonderful fun of everything DC with! Getting your nerd on with fellow fans is a hoot!

-Community Hero rewards. Where else online do you get physically rewarded for being a friendly and upstanding member of a community? We should all be friendly and upstanding to begin with, that’s an absolute 100% given and basic tenant of good humanity and citizenship.

That said, it’s nice to get a lil’ bonus that serves as a metaphorical pat on the back too =)

-Member events. Last month’s fan event was alot of fun. Fans were asked to show up (if they could) to have fun on WB and DC’s behalf. I will happily attend every single event like this in the future that I’ve the time for. FYI to TPTB of any future events in the works: I can always make time for more functions =)

-Inclusion. No one fan is asked to fit into a mold in order to be accepted here, nor should they ever be. Whether you’re a DC fan of several decades or brand spankin’ new to the wonder of the magnificence of DC, everyone is welcome here and everyone matters.

-Watch Alongs. It’s fun to unite with fellow fans and watch things together. Enough said.

I’ve followed DC Universe since the very first day a “DC streaming service” (as DCU was known long, long before it had an official name) was announced. I’m as Day One as you can be. When the service got a title and there was an initial summation of content, I got very, very excited. Last year’s Batman Day was the best ever simply because it was the official debut of DC Universe.

When a community section was announced in the very first trailer for DCU, I shrugged and said “Meh.”. It was the only thing I wasn’t excited for as I was seriously burnt out on forums and how foolish, ignorant, illl-mannered, repugnant and blatantly stupid many of my formerly favorite communitues had become over time.

I dipped my toes in the water here very, very gingerly at first. Over time I came to see that there was and is something special about this place. I truly hope it stays that way.

Fun Fact: In over 20 years of internet use, the DC Universe community is the very first place I have ever used “lol” in online conversation. Prior to DCU, I swore up and down I’d never use “lol” as its literally the equivalent of saying “I am laughing. Now you on the other side of the screen know this too. Ha. Ha.” and it just seemed like a stupid notation to me.

There are more creative ways to indicate laughter in internet conversation but darn it if DCU didn’t finally get me to use the internet shorthand I swore I’d never use. You done good DCU =)

As a whole I love everything about DC Universe. Is it 100% fault free? No, but the things that stand out to me as imperfections are very minor and can be easily fixed. The major selling points of the service are doing triumphantly well and the future appears to be tremendously bright.

DC Universe has become one of the major touchstones of my DC fan experience and I will continue to do everything in my power to spread the word about it and to support it (I’ve already had a handful of people sign up for it since it began and they love it).

Let’s go off note for a moment and talk about the Shop. I plan on making the DCU shop the sole place to buy select types of merchandise so long as said merchandise continues to be offered there. Yes, you can find several non-exclusive items elsewhere for a few bucks less, but I’m okay with paying DCU’s prices because they go towards a wonderful outlet and help to keep the lights on for said outlet.

To sum it up: I’m 100% behind DC Universe and will be for years and years to come. Tell me to jump and I’ll say “How high?” =)

10 Likes

What I love here is how everyone is free to spread ideas and opinions without worrying of being yelled at for having a different opinion. Everyone has a voice and DC Universe lets them use without worry

2 Likes

Another thing I like about the DCU Community: @Vroom’s posts…keep this guy on here in the 2.0 :joy:

5 Likes

I don’t love any specific thing. I just love that I can nerd out on all my DC stuff with fellow DC lovers. On any other Social media platforms there’s so many trolls and fake fans. You can’t talk about anything DC related without someone shoving Marvels Big Screen success down your throat. So I love not having to deal with that!

7 Likes

Flatterer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Reading through this thread has really made my night. It’s incredible to hear that so many of you value the community here and I can definitely see why. There are so many clever, passionate, and incredible people who help to shape this forum and I’m thrilled to get to know all of you.

Let’s keep the positivity going!

7 Likes

Why basic social media structure wasn’t implemented on here at the start (ie. Editing, notifications etc), I’ll never know… But I have been with this app since it started. And I plan on sticking around! I just wish we didn’t have to wait until the next solstice :sunny: to get some flexibility on here.

But I guess since THIS is the first streaming app WITH a community forum, I’ll chillax on that. I also don’t want to reiterate my “wants and needs” since my fellow members have already declared some of them above…

I will say though that whatever you guys @applejack have planned, I’m sure it’s going to be beyond our wildest dreams. I check this forum every-day like my own personal bible :scream: (a bit crazy I know), and I’m hoping for more!

It would be nice to have the following:
-ability to scroll in a text box via Mobile
-font color changes (realistic ones)
-profiles where we can categorize our favorite threads (and be able to move them)

That’s all I got :disappointed:

2 Likes

The Mods and great Community events and feaures

4 Likes

I love that, we are like a big family in the DCU community

2 Likes

By far the best forum community I have seen. I don’t post all that often, but this is the forum I post the most to. The internet is often filled with trolls and some of the worst things people could say to each other. Just the other day on here I found a post where someone truly needed help. As the day went on you could see the story play out with the community banning together to make sure this person felt like he had a home here among friend. The whole thing brought a tear to my eye. My wife was crying her eyes out as I told her the story. All the technical updates this forum gets will only help this community share and lift each other up.

1 Like

I’ve been here since the start after I couldn’t wait for the launch of this long awaited app.
I enjoy how this feels like a family atmosphere and everyone is so polite. There is never any bashing anyone and we all welcome the different point of views and opinions each member brings to the table.
I’m looking forward to the new additions to make our conversations and interactions fun and more in depth.
I am looking to get more involved with the book clubs that I have seen on here as well as movie clubs such as was held on the 80th Anniversary of Batman a few Saturdays back and I plan to continue to participate in the sweepstakes I see for a chance to win great prizes.
Thank you all for making me feel welcome and thanks to the DCU for making this happen.

1 Like