What do you like about Marvel movies? Like in the MCU, Deadpool, or X-Men compared to DC?

I’m going to take a more broad approach on this. I have recently watched some MCU/Marvel and DCEU/DC movies and I have to say that there is DEFINITELY, WITHOUT A DOUBT a Marvel bandwagon and DC boycott going on. I think that people just like to say that Marvel makes “better” movies, but let’s line them up. I may seem bias, but I am not exaggerating one bit.

“Marvel makes better movies.” Let’s see, shall we?

Elektra, Daredevil, Hulk, Incredible Hulk, Ghost Rider 1 & 2, All the Avengers, Spiderman 1, 2, 3 & Homecoming, X-Men 1, 2, & 3, Fantastic 4 1 & 2 and the remake, Ironman 2 & 3 (part 1 was eh), and Black Panther were good? HELL NO! People seriously think that Marvel makes better movies? People really believe this Hollywood trash is good? All of what I listed was either, campy; cheesy; been there, seen that; or all of the above. For Marvel, I’m an Incredible Hulk/Black Panther fan, btw; BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE…

Marvel killed the Incredible Hulk, and the Black Panther movie was bullshit. Batman (1989) was better than every Marvel movie I listed, hands down. Now, Green Lantern could have been better. I admit that. Catwoman was the worst movie ever (next to Steel [DC], Daredevil [M], and Elektra [M]); however, people still think those trashy Marvel movies are better than Man of Steel, Batman v Superman (Extended Cut), Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, Justice League, and Aquaman? Damn…not even close. One thing Marvel did do was set up Avengers in a decent way. It built promotion and anticipation, so that was good.

“If DC made good movies…” Do they not?

Okay…good vs. bad. Swamp Thing, Batman (1989), Batman Returns, Batman Begins, V for Vendetta, R.E.D 1 & 2, Watchmen, Man of Steel, Batman v Superman (Extended Cut), Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, Justice League, and Aquaman was decent and more enjoyable to watch than any of that Marvel/Disney/Sony/Universal crap. Swamp Thing needs a remake. In Batman 1989, killing off Joker and having Joker kill Wayne’s parents was bad and with that, it’s STILL better than that Marvel trash out today. In Batman Begins, Batman sounding like he’s constipated and killing off Ra’s Al Ghul was a no-no. Batman v Superman was good IF one watched the Extended Cut. Using Lex Jr instead of Lex Sr and using Lex’s Doomsday was bad. For Suicide Squad, the make-up and costume could have been better for Harley and Killer Croc. That about sums up all the bad in those movies.

On the downside, Steel, Swamp Thing 2, Batman and Robin, Dark Knight, Dark Knight Rises, and Catwoman were just as bad as most of the trash listed in the second paragraph. Both Batman Forever and Green Lantern weren’t good, but they weren’t bad. They are the movies that determine a good movie from a bad movie. They are that line. Most people didn’t really care for Green Lantern, and while it could have been better, I must say that watching Ryan Reynolds in a CG suit just really lost all appeal for the movie. Who wants to see that? I don’t. Even if the story was there, I honestly don’t want to see that crap. Then again, I remember sitting through Black Panther saying I’d rather sit through Batman Forever than this shit. For the record, when it comes to DC, I’m a Batman, Aquaman, Swamp Thing, and Lobo fan.

Now, I personally think that WB/DC has better comics/material, and I’m not into the whole cheesy campy light Disney bs. Even Looney Tunes back in the day was better than that Mickey Mouse Club House shit they later threw on. I want comic movies to be dark, because that’s what comics are. I want the movies to be as similar to the comics as possible. If they must make changes, then make changes in a positive way, kind of like what they did in Aquaman. Don’t be cheesy or campy like most Marvel movies, don’t sound like you need to take a shit like Nolan’s Batman, and don’t CG your whole suit. Stop killing A list vilians off! See, it’s not about how big Hollywood fucks up character(s) and then goes and makes a billion dollars with it that says it’s good like they did with Nolan’s Batman and Joker or Avengers (include DVD and BluRay sales). Trash sells. It’s a fact. Take a look at the Hip Hop music genre for reference. Man of Steel and V for Vendetta are the two most powerful comic book movies out. Even if people don’t realize it. I went and saw Avengers…never went back to see another one. JL was a better movie than Avengers, but Avengers sold more. See what I mean? Trash sells. Any flaws in JL I believe came from Whedon. Oh look…he did Avengers, :thinking:. Had Snyder stood on the project, it would have been even better…

In closing, I think even the people that say MCU or Marvel in general makes better movies know how incorrect their statement is. Feel free to talk if you want to share. Everyone has an opinion. I respect that, but there’s a Marvel bandwagon DC boycott thing going on and it’s sad.

4 Likes

@ Beagle

Ben Affleck played an outstanding Batman in BvS. Comic book to Big Screen, that was Batman. Now of course, I’m going to keep it recent, so I am referencing the New 52 and Rebirth. In what movie, was there an arrogant Bruce Wayne while in the same movie Batman fought as good and as raw throughout the whole movie as he fought to save Martha Kent. Bale came close, but no good. You literally cannot sound like you need to shit and be Batman. Ben played a perfect Batman, voice and all. The only flaw in his Batman was the director’s choice of Batman.

3 Likes

villains are weak in almost every dc movie. Although Zod was the best part of MOS and the new Superman franchise next to a ghosts monologue about letting horses die to save money (Farm) to the just thing to do . Green Lantern is one of the worst superhero movies out there in recent history with Catwoman following close behind.Marvel stays more true to the characters and stories than DC and also they make movies that feel more like watching a comic book. DC is killing Marvel in the animated movie and show department though.

Night_Child makes good points :+1:

4 Likes

@SouthPark, yeah, all the X-men movies were good :+1:

2 Likes

@ TX85

First and foremost, there is no need for the disrespect. I didn’t disrespect you, so you are damn sure not going to disrespect me over some internet thread like some coward. Got it? Good. You want to discuss it like men, let’s talk. If not, move the Hell on…

Now, your response wasn’t really English, but I’ll try to decipher your thread. There is nothing exaggerating about what I said. Nothing. There was also no bullshit. Marvel movies have always taken to the light. There’s nothing wrong with that if you can take it to the roots. From comics to big screen, sometimes it’s not possible. Examples would be in the movie Ghost Rider where the hero points. Anyone who has read the comics or seen the movie knows what I mean. On screen, it just looked so damn campy. I was like, “wtf is Cage doing?” In Elektra, ALL her fight scenes, she was dancing with the enemy. It was so cheesy. The upside down kiss from Spiderman? Really? Okay, let’s talk about X-Men. Let’s talk about a OP Marvel squad movie where the whole team is a supporting cast to Wolverine. Yea, why call it the X-Men, then?

Yes, I am a Black Panther fan. The comics spoke to me. They were powerful. There was nothing powerful about the movie. The Butler had an almost all minority cast and the movie was powerful. Black Panther had the same type of cast and was all over the place. A movie like Black Panther could have been better with more of a statement and less special effects. I’m not some kid. You are not going to get my like by throwing in cool lights, loud explosions, and special effects. The Black Panther origin comics had way less action than the movie. V for Vendetta made a statement. That is the type of movie Black Panther should have been.

Justice League was a better movie. That is my opinion. It was darker, it connected to the BvS, which was a lot to take in, but the villain was definitely better. No, they didn’t introduce each character prior to having them all in one movie, but Marvel already did it. Why copy them? Let me go one step further. You don’t know who the Flash is?! You don’t know who Cyborg is?! You don’t know who Aquaman is? His movie just made over a billion in the box office and his movie came AFTER the events of the movie. You want to talk about fanboy biased crap? You only need to look into a mirror. You are on a DC community defending what? Disney princesses? Back to Justice League…I blame WB for letting Snyder go, then in desperate measures hired Whedon, who made matters worse. Whedon didn’t succeed in making an Avenger movie. Any decent director at the helm of that movie would have done good. It was the first time 7 main marvel heroes were in the same movie. All characters were anticipated and promotion was good. That is what made the Avenger movie successful.

If you don’t like my posts, oh well. Agree to disagree and go throw your tantrum else where. These are my thoughts and like you, I’m so damn tired of Marvel fan boys boycotting good DC films because they are DC. Nothing else, but because DC characters are tied to the movie, they automatically suck. No! If you like Marvel so much, go see the new trailer they got for their new sequal hero flick…:thinking:…I think is called Frozen 2…?

7 Likes

@JKINGER1986.97387

DC is completely overpowered. However, that’s not necessarily always a good thing.

MoS taught Superman sacrifice, taught him what he meant as a bridge between the people of earth and other alien species, defined his character, and while Zod’s performance was definitely up there, the destruction was greater than what Godzilla was involved with in San Francisco.

In what DC film was the villain weak? Definitely not MoS. Kryptonians are no weak foes. Let’s look at Steppenwolf. Darkseid’s nephew is no push over. He was for Superman, but who can’t Superman push over, he’s freaking Superman. Let’s take a look at Enchantress. Her level of power is insane. I’m guessing that is why she was eventually recruited by JL Dark. I always seen DC as OP juggernauts as opposed to Marvel. It clearly states that in the respective comics. The 2 companies use different scales, so to compare them is unfair, because DC would usually win…not always as it depends, but usually.

5 Likes

I’m not sure why/how this discussion got so heated. While I appreciate the passionate support for our beloved heroes, regardless of brand, there’s no need to be disrespectful to each other. Both brands have their great and not so great moments, and hopefully they’ll continue to thrive and make good movies.

It’s unfortunate that we as fans seem to struggle with even discussing the idea that any other brand can have success without feeling like it being attack on DC or ourselves as DC supporters. These forums and conversations are important though, because clearly there are some major things that the other brands are doing right. Whether or not I like Infinity Wars, SOMEBODY did, and it had enormous success. Regardless of how critically movie reviewers impaired Justice League’s triumph, it ultimately just didn’t put as many butts in the seats. Travesty? Perhaps, but not one from which we can’t learn. Hence the importance of respectful conversation.

If u successfully made it through this rant, thank u. And no, I don’t fancy myself as being any better than any of u. Your thoughts and ideas matter. I hope u all have an awesome day :slightly_smiling_face: Now back to the question at hand…

3 Likes

The lack of moral conflict over the necessary use of force. If a henchmen is between Wolverine and the door to saving the innocent before it’s too late then he quickly cuts through that henchmen in spectacular fashion and gets through that door.

@abfgmsw, the Amazing Spider-Man movies were good :+1: Andrew Garfield was the best Spider-Man :spider: I’d love to see Sony bring him back in the new Venom movies.

1 Like

I like the Xmen movies the most since first class. The first 2 Captain America movies were great. I just wish some of the others would be more like the comics. Iron Man acts more like Spider Man than Tony Stark. Thor has become comedic, as has the Guardians.

1 Like

Bruh…this thread is so funny to read :joy::joy:. Y’all going in about the dumbest crap… Lol. I’m surprised a moderator hasn’t pulled a Galactus and devoured this thread.

Thanks for the laughs! DC community never let’s me down. JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! :fist::fist:

@ Sirreal

Let me clear the air. People have opinions. It’s a normal part of being a human being. We have dislikes and likes. I won’t tell someone over a thread that their opinion is bullshit or that they are over exaggerating or anything like that. If I have questions, I ask. I felt disrespected if even through asynchronous communication and I don’t stand for it. Disney is Disney and WB is WB.

Now, I was online for Aquaman and I heard at least a dozen different conversations on why the movie was going to suck or be bad or be this or be that. The movie was AWESOME! These Marvel fanboys would go to a DC movie to pull out the worst things on a movie prior to even seeing it based on their own speculation, then write negative reviews after seeing it. I’ve seen it happen time and time again. My posts reflect the many things and movies wrong with Marvel, but in the end, I’m going by what I see and my own opinion. The rest of the community I may disagree with here or there, but you guys are entitled to your differences and I respect that.

4 Likes

This is DC universe right? Tired of all the marvel talk , go to something disney to do that , all I wanna see on this is DC not marvel…

7 Likes

I like the focus on the hero, on good, positivity, and individual stories, lightness, good winning. Like Wonder Woman, Aquaman.

Marvel has the worst casting imo It’s strange to see people all over the net whine about DC’s choices for castings but Marvel’s casts in movie just puts a sour taste in my mouth.

3 Likes

@Maddox

Good call!

Thread will be moved to the “Random” section in 3…2…1!!!

2 Likes

@Gibbyhertz You think Marvel has bad casting? In my opinion DC should try and steal whoever the casting direct for these movies are. The actors in the MCU are absolutely perfect for their roles. It’s not that I dislike DC’s casting decisions (the only recent casting decisions in a DC movie that I didn’t like were Jared Leto as the Joker and Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor), but a bunch of actors and actresses felt just okay as opposed to the MCU.

CBMs that I have seen that I like.
DC
Batman 89
Man of steel
B V S
Wonder Woman
Batman begins
Dark knight
Watchmen

Marvel
Spiderman 1&2
Amazing Spider-Man 1
X men 1&2
Dead pool 1&2
Logan
Venom

CBMs I have not seen
Jonah hex
V for vendetta
Aquaman
Shazam
Amazing Spider-Man 2
If you leave the MCU out of it it’s pretty close. Unfortunately for DC Marvel has 22 films in an expanding universe that is really good. Marvel wins this hands down. This is just an opinion so let’s not freak out.

There is literally nothing that I like about Marvel movies. I tried to watch a few of them on Netflix, and couldn’t finish them. The only one that was any good at all, based on my limited viewership, was Captain America, and that was because of the WW2 setting.

3 Likes