What DC Event Comics Have You Been Reading?

I know a lot of us (Including myself) have been reading Future State, but what other DC event comics have you guys been reading.

I recently read the DC Heroine Crisis event “Judgement in Infinity

It was a fun read, and I was wondering if anyone has been reading any past or present DC Events that they found interesting?

2 Likes

Every now and then I’ll go back to Armageddon 2001. People always give it crap because of the ending that had to be changed because of a leak, but they forget how interesting some of the stories in the annuals were.

My personal favorites of that crossover were the Flash Annual, where Wally has to come out of retirement to save his son; the Detective Comics Annual where Bruce has to once again become Batman to take down Talia, with one hell of an ending; and finally, the Justice League Annual where we see where our favorite JLI members are ten years from now. I picked this one up in a fifty cent bin back in 1997, and I can pinpoint the exact moment this book had me. It was the response to the line “Life is like an Oreo cookie” Read the comic and hopefully you’ll have a good laugh at it like I did.

Honestly, even with the leak, I feel DC should’ve kept the original ending and ran with it.

2 Likes

I’m gonna read the Knightfall trilogy some time in March

2 Likes

I have heard of that one. Many youtube videos complain about the ending. In all honesty, I don’t think it would have bothered me that much

You’ll have to tell me how it is!

1 Like

Will do :+1:. I’m gonna continue on to the contagion through no mans land event after, this is gonna be a journey :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I just looked that one up, looks like quite the event!

1 Like

@KendallMJohnson If you ever get the chance, check out the annuals. They’re possible futures of characters, which means the writers can do whatever they want, and it lead to some wild and fun stories. I think too many people get hung up on the ending, rather than enjoying the event as a whole.

I would’ve also gone for the following year’s event Eclipso: The Darkness Within, but I’ve only read the bookends and a few annuals here and there.

2 Likes

It’s interesting how many DC events don’t get discussed. I tried to read Amazons Attack… but… I have to say I thought that was borderline unreadable.

1 Like

The nicest thing I can say about Amazons Attack is that it was a comic that was published.

I have an affinity for those 90’s crossovers that took place in annuals. I’ve mentioned Armageddon 2001 and Eclipso: The Darkness within, but I also really liked the year they did the Elseworlds annuals. While that one didn’t have a two-part bookend, it was fun to see heroes in different settings. There was on called Citizen Wayne which I particularly enjoyed. And I’ve recently found some of the Pulp Heroes and Ghosts annuals.

2 Likes

Interesting. I have had interest in Zero Hour (Which I think came out either in the late 90s or early 2000s) but I am not versed enough in the continuity of the characters of that time to fully understand everyone motivations.