What DC Characters Do You Think Could be Either Hero Or Villain Or Anti-Hero?

I’m always keeping an eye out for you when I see threads like this one. I love that you love Azrael. I also wish I had been thinking of him way back when I came up with a handle. :wink:

2 Likes

For me, an anti-hero is someone who does the right things with methods heroes disagree with (like killing, excessive violence) but have a bigger positive than negative impact on the world. Also with looser morals, wether because they’ve become jaded or if they’re seeking redemption (depending on if they were villain or hero) It’s about being able to make tough calls that some heroes are unable to do
I’d put Midnighter in this category, he’s done a LOT of murder
Jason Todd, depending on wether he’s killing or not
I’d put Constantine as an anti-hero, based on what i’ve read of him

Would you kill an innocent person to get to your goals? Villain
Would you kill a villain to save others? Anti-hero
Do you value villain lives on the same level or heroes? Batman

3 Likes

Yeah Azrael is beast. I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of him cause he’s not overused like Batman. Also, have you read Batman Curse of the White Knight? I know it’s not on DC Universe but my people got me a copy for Christmas so thats how I started it. Whats good about it is that Azrael is a big threat again (finally) as last time he was really strong and menacing was in 2003. The New 52 or Rebirth didn’t do the character much justice in terms of fighting accomplishments.

2 Likes

Azrael is a character that needs more attention just like many others!

I think he’ll keep popping up. I think he was improving in Odyssey… and it ended.

2 Likes

I have yet to read that but it looks like he fights Darksied or Mongel so I’m sure it would be good. In Detective comics though Azrael got beat by a couple of soldiers. I was like what but I guess that happened cause there were to many Bat Family folks around and they didn’t want him in the spotlight yet.

2 Likes

I am going to say I feel sorry for Azrael, having watched Lucifer, I like Azrael a lot!

1 Like

Personally, I think Azrael and Lucifer get little recognition!

1 Like

Ooh I didn’t know Azrael was in Lucifer! This is the Fox show that went to Netflix, right?

2 Likes

Right, it’s a great show but as per Netflix’s influence, I don’t like that as they are possibly ending it! Not to go off on a tangent, but Netflix tends to have negative influence on things that others have done.

2 Likes

Yeah. That changes. He was kinda a plot device to get tective going in Rebirth. It gets better. Also… he was kinda ambushed by a bunch of soldiers trained to fight like Batman. They’re weren’t normal guys. Ultimately… well… you should read it sometime.

2 Likes

I will put it on my list

1 Like

Sorry, what?

2 Likes

I was explaining Detective 934.

1 Like

ah

1 Like

So that’s a interesting question.

I would have to say Hardware from the Milestone universe who usually is a default hero could occasionally be a anti-hero since his comics started off with him killing people for revenge and being somewhat self absorbed individual.

Likewise he could also be villain depending how you characterize his actions later on. In the original book for example, Hardware gave up his pursuit for revenge against his main archenemy and agreed to work for him as Hardware to eventually control his crime empire but also to dismantle it from the inside.

Towards the middle, he even becomes a enforcer and underboss to Alva’s criminal empire.

There is potential there for a character where good intentions turn him bad by the end.