What DC Characters Do You Think Could be Either Hero Or Villain Or Anti-Hero?

What DC Characters Do You Think Could be Either Hero Or Villain Or “Anti-Hero”? This does not necessarily focus on the Dark Multiverse theme but moreso what characters do you think/see could go either way? Also, not necessarily Bizzaro, either. I.E., Catwoman could be either!

4 Likes

I think it depends on the writer. For instance, Tom Taylor wrote a rather villainous Superman in Injustice. Though I haven’t read much of his comics, Black Adam strikes me as the anti-hero type, especially based on the current Endless Winter event.

3 Likes

I couldn’t agree with you more :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Which way do you go for Catwoman?

2 Likes

Red Hood, Harley Quinn, Catwoman, Deadshot for main main continuity. Although as @moro said it depends on the writer. Jean-Paul was a villain in Batman: Curse of the White Knight despite not being one in the main contunity.

6 Likes

I think it depends on motive, too. The character has the mindset of how a situation will benefit them or how it will benefit others.

2 Likes

Would it help if I gave you a scene I made up?

1 Like

What type of scenario?

1 Like

Normal person gets wounded saving Catwoman from being shot by thugs.
What does she do?

2 Likes

Defend the normal person, so in that case, she would be a hero.

1 Like

Superman, I have seen him pull off all three countless times.

2 Likes

Black Adam, especially in light of the upcoming film with The Rock.

1 Like

Why is anti-hero in quotes?

1 Like

Some people have their own opinion on what an anti-hero is or is not :slightly_smiling_face:

Harley Quinn pulling a Home Alone would be an anti-hero

1 Like

Good one :grinning:

accurate too

1 Like

In my mind anti-hero is a pretty broad statement. Is it someone who is on the side for good for their own selfish reasons? Or are their methods just a little unorthodox? I think Harley generally falls into the first category in her first iteration whereas as modern Harley is firmly in the second category. (Although I prefer a completely villainous Harley myself).

Catwoman is certainly an antihero and I think it depends on the writer for Bizzaro. I would also argue that Swamp Thing is antihero more than hero, as he’s purely out for the green most of the time.

1 Like

A hero who funds her operation threw stealing =)

1 Like

anti-hero= a person who is a hero who puts down there Villan permanently more often than not.
Hero: does not kill often tends to work outside the law well inside it well holding to a moral code.
Villan: the opposite of the hero
A fallen hero: a hero who becomes the Villan
well here’s who i would thing would be interesting to see ike to see written as a diffrent category.

Its actually very easy for superman to become a fallen hero, well its hard for batman to.

Honestly, i am surprised with everything DC has done to him batman has not gotten sick of being a hero killed the entire justice league, taken over the world, and ruled it with an iron fist in a velvet glove, as Bruce Wayne rarely gets to be happy…rarely has hope, yes he does get to be happy at times, but its generally not as batman in the end, unless they actually let him and Catwoman get married in the actual continuity for a change without them getting devorsed because the new writer ships some other girl with bruce. (don’t care what others think batcat are soulmates in my opinion).

Boster gold i can see as an Unwilling villain as he has been the villain.

wonder woman would be interesting as a secret villain or anti-hero.

Martha Wayne as Batwoman would be fun with Thomas Wayne as The Joker.

Hal Jordan actually married to caral ferris would be interesting too. but off-topic.

1 Like