what Constantine run is best?

Just binged the tv show, now I want to read his comics. What runs do you guys recommend or like best?

1 Like

None.

Hellblazer wasn’t bad but if you want to start fresh Start The New 52 Ark.

1 Like

Depends on what you’re looking for. Hellblazer is 300 issues total. And being in the Vertigo universe, there were no capes. New 52 watered him down a bit for a wider and younger audience, but they also altered his origins to fit into the mainstream universe. If you want something like the tv series I’d say Hellblazer (which isn’t available here), and if you want something like the Arrowverse where magic and powers coexist than start with the New 52.

1 Like

Garth friggen Ennis

2 Likes

Anything in Virtigo. The DC runs kinda suck.

1 Like

Vertigo 300 issue series or the New 52

1 Like

The 300 issue Hellblazer arc is great, but it’s not here. If you want that classic Constantine, check out the 1982 Swamp Thing series, starting with issue #37.

1 Like

I loved Azzarello’s run, and Paul Jenkins’ run is underrated.

1 Like

They had all the trades, collecting up to issue 250(?) or so on sale at comixology. Hope everyone scooped them up. Or keep an eye peeled when they come back around

Read Swamp Thing 37 and go from there. The New 52 run was cool but left a lot of unfinished story. If you read through all 300 of the vertigo comics you get the best feel for who the character is. Im particularly fond of his trip through Hell to save his Spoiler’s soul. Now im thinking of a ton of great stories from that series. Best to read all 300 if you can! I think the best New 52 stuff is probably Justice League Dark. The Blight story is really cool and pulls in a solid assortment of special guest stars. The new Black Label series is really good as well. Sort of taking things back to the Vertigo style. There’s only 2 issues at the moment but I’m really excited to see where this goes. The stuff that came out at the beginning of Rebirth was better than the series that ran at the end of New 52 but I’d still mark it as fairly unmemorable. Don’t get me wrong. If your going to binge on some Constantine It’s worth reading but I forgot it even existed until a second ago. I guess what I’m trying to say is there is a ton of good Constantine books out there. Definitely start at Swamp Thing 37 though.