What Are You Currently Reading?

Currently Reading JSA #1 (1999-)

I Want To Gain More Knowledge Of The JSA & Stargirl So I’m Not Completely Lost While Watching The Show.

2 Likes

I flew thru Scooby Apocalypse. It’s awesome!!! Stars and S.T.R. I.P.E is amazing, one of my 1st reads when this site 1st opened. Great stuff!!! I’m just now finishing Superman, all the triangle eras. I have like 20 to go & I’ll be done.

1 Like

I won’t spoil either, but I agree with all of that. One of my the best reads in a while. The back up stories were great. They do have Batman & Scooby-Doo the Brave & the Bold movie. It’s not like Apocalypse, but it’s great & it’s never mentioned. I try to recommend it as much as possible.

1 Like

I have seen that movie too. A very great movie. I recommend it as well.

1 Like

Reading the Batman Incorporated digital trades on Comixology. Found out after the fact that they are the end of, like a 7 year run by Morrison. Not sure if my confusion is due to typical Morrison shenanigans, or because I’m missing years of backstory. Probably both. Don’t care. I like it so far, and I will stay the course until I’m done!

2 Likes

I’m reading Kingdom Come. So far it is meh.

2 Likes

ending FINAL CRISIS …

1 Like

I just finished reading Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E.
It wasn’t bad at all. (Not that I really had any expectations that it would be, but I never had any interest in the series when it first came out)
It did leave me wishing we had some of the comic series supporting cast in the TV show. Hopefully, we’ll see Mary, Travis and Josh next season (or later this one?..or was that supposed to be Mary at the beginning of the pilot?)

2 Likes

I just got caught up on the current Batman run and I read the Joker 80th Anniversary. I’m really excited for punchline and joker war. Now I’m currently reading The Batman Who Laughs. It’s great stuff such a cool twist on the batman character.

4 Likes

I’m currently reading Long Halloween, Justice Society of America (2006), and starting Batman/TMNT soon.

3 Likes

Tiny nephew sent this in the mail demanding I read it, so I guess this is what I’ll be diving into next :cat2: :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I’m currently reading the Stormwatch series. From the beginning. I love Battalion, Jackson King. He’s a beast. The rest of the crew are great as well. The villains are strong and I’m excited to see what append next. I’m 4 books in.

3 Likes

I know I’m not really supposed to talk about Marvel books, but if you haven’t read Wolverine: Debt of Death by David Lapham, David Aja, and Elizabeth Breitweiser, please check it out. It doesn’t seem like many people have read it and it deserves all the praise in the comic book world.

Just so I stay on topic I also finished all six issues of Far Sector currently out and they, too were awesome.

1 Like

Almost half way through this series.

It is excellent, not a dull moment so far. Can’t believe I sat on it for so long.

Highly recommended.

Superman/Batman
https://www.dcuniverse.com/comics/series/--/573542d3-962f-41ef-a888-f82608f8ab94/

2 Likes

Superman ,Action Comics, Nightwing, Teen Titans Aquaman Supergirl, strange adventures, black label the question, shazam, and legion of superheroes

3 Likes

Right now I am re-reading the Denny O’Neil/Neal Adams run of Green Lantern, as well as Doom Patrol from the very beginning (My Greatest Adventure no. 80). I also plan to re-read the Justice Society of America stories in All-Star Comics from the Golden Age.

4 Likes

Oh no!!!

That link doesn’t work!

Is it the Jeph Loeb Superman/Batman or the newer one?

2 Likes

Yeah the first two volumes are written by Loeb. Almost done with volume 3 (written mostly by Mark Verheiden). One of those books that I just don’t want to put down.

2 Likes

Link works on my phone. Not sure what I did wrong.

Page looks like this on the app:

3 Likes

When I was first getting back into comics around 2005-2006 I remember this book being a must have. My personal highlight was seeing Supergirl’s return. Granted, at the time I had no idea how BIG that was. I just remember loving the art and the story.

2 Likes