What actors & actresses in DC Films was the least comic book accurate?🤔

Comic Book Accuracy Is Important🤨

Lex Luthor- Jessie Eisenberg

3 Likes

For me, Killer Croc in Suicide Squad. Commit to either the ruthless Croc or the Croc struggling to reconcile with his humanity. But poorly executed comic relief? Such a wasted opportunity.

2 Likes

Not a fan of the current Aquaman. I know, I know…controversial. I just dont see Jason Mamoa as Arthur Curry. He’s way to “Bro” to be Arthur.

1 Like

Fuuny I know what u mean. Everyone thought they would choose him as Lobo😎

1 Like

Cathy Lee Crosby as Wonder Woman

2 Likes

George Clooney. gawd

3 Likes

Halley berry as catwoman. They should have made her into vixen and maybe the movie would have been okay

4 Likes

Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. I was open minded, I made excuses and defended the casting up until I saw the movie. There are similar versions, but I dont think any version of Luthor releases some unknown genetic monster into Metropolis without a plan to destroy it that paints him as a hero. I know that’s the script not the actor, but still. He wasnt menacing at all.

1 Like

Jim Carrey was a dreadful Riddler.

Hard to pick but it would be from a Snyder film.

Actually Jim Carrey & Arnold Shwarzeneggar were a lot like the 50’s & 60’s Batman versions of their villain characters. Halle Barry looked like Selina in some comic appearances, but the movie stank horribly. Honestly worst character done on the big screen is Steel played by Shaq from the 90’s. Although Jesse Eisenberg wasn’t Lex at all and acted more like a Joker/Riddler hybrid in Dawn of Justice, Shaq as Steel was worse.

2 Likes

Comic book accuracy is important, but it’s not everything. You can do new, interesting things with an old character or completely reinvent them. And if done well, it can lead to a great version of the character. The easiest example to think of is Mr. Freeze in Batman TAS, which was a new (and much better) take on the character.

Also, I’m okay with the portrayal of Lex in BvS only because I really saw the character himself as not actually Lex Luthor. They establish in the film the company is named after his dad. Of course, his dad is dead by the time of this film, but I imagine he was more of a comic book accurate version of Lex, whereas the son (Eisenberg) is a new character altogether. Still not a super great movie, but when you view Lex in the movie as Lex’s son then he’s not that bad of a villain, of a little derivative of Joker or Carrey’s Riddler

1 Like

*if a little derivative.

I swear they need to add an edit button.