Weekly Art Challenge #64 Submission Thread - October 9 - 16, 2021 - Batman Fear State!

Thank you so much! I had to try so many different ways of application to get the snow to look just right for me. I ended up using a toothbrush to diffuse the whiteout and then give it gentle swings in a slashing motion to to get the snow blowing in the wind feeling. It was fun and now I know 7 other ways not to do it. :rofl:

3 Likes

I love the composition of the layout! Putting scarecrow in the back with the “hat” was a great idea to create depth in the piece. Your colors as always are fantastic. :metal:

3 Likes

2 Likes

The new rouges were fun to draw.

4 Likes

:laughing: nice. The more the merrier.

Thanks​:+1:

3 Likes

I echo the other replies that the composition on this is beautiful. Reminds me of George Perez covers from the 80s and 90s. Thanks for going the extra mile (especially with all the Inktober pieces you’ve been doing)!

4 Likes

Wow thanks :+1:.

4 Likes

:joy: :joy:

3 Likes

Agree with what everyone’s said, very creepy vibe with the slight hunch. And definitely nice touch with the background bat signal :+1:

4 Likes

In the words of @SGTSUGAR dope! I know how hard the snow effect was and it really paid off its a great touch/effect. Really great shading as well :clap:

3 Likes

Oh no poor Bman! Love the grimace, the digital effects of the toxin and the lighting on that right side very cool :sunglasses:

4 Likes

My dude!!! Fantastic work and you even put in the gardner I was going to do a piece with her but that clearly never happened lmao these colors are gorgeous and I like how you have them stacked. Harley really looks fantastic and bella but the whole piece :clap: plus you been killing it with inktober!!!

3 Likes

Thanks! I was worried because I knew I needed an all black background to make the snow effect, but didn’t want to lose my shapes. It turned out very well with a few extra highlights here and there, but it was scary at first not knowing how it would work. After doing that dang hat, I didn’t wanna ruin it. :joy:

3 Likes

That hat is pretty amazing with the missing pieces and the jagged straw I’d be scared as well lol.

Do you use a pen to color all that in?

3 Likes

Actually, it was a combo of pen and brush. I used the pens to define the shapes and ink in the tiny areas. Then use the brush to tackle the large areas and also get the folds of the fabric to look more realistic.

3 Likes

:exploding_head:

3 Likes

You as well.

2 Likes

This is really cool!

2 Likes

Nice use of lighting! (:grinning:

3 Likes

The choice of color is really great! :grin:

2 Likes