Weekly Art Challenge #64 Submission Thread - October 9 - 16, 2021 - Batman Fear State!

You do not have to be a member of the DC Fan Art Club to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to the group! Find out more here.

The topic this week is Batman: Fear State! Draw a character or scene from the current Bat-event!

You can find out more details here.

Due Date: October 16, 2021
Post your final work in the thread below.
@DCFanArtClub

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

7 Likes

I have not been following the Fear State storyline very well, but I had seen the very creepy cool redesign for Scarecrow. I could play with the shadows to amplify the terror, and there were so many fabric textures including straw that challenge my skills at drawing clothing. I also did a reverse Bat Signal as a background. I hope you enjoy!

8 Likes

Really well done! Nice touch with the bat signal in the background.

6 Likes

Art: icu2 PRODUCTIONS
@DCFANARTCLUB @icu2productions

10 Likes

Oh the bat signal in the bg is really cool, I love how you shaded it so it looks like it’s glowing or emerging from smoke, definitely sells the scarecrow vibe :ok_hand:

6 Likes

Nice work! You captured all of details and different materials in his outfit really well!

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing. It looks great! That watercolor effect on the background is a nice touch.
Tell us more about it and how you made it. Is it digital?

5 Likes

I took on the Scarecrow too. I tried for a cool snowing effect this time. First time trying it out. Let me know what you think.

7 Likes

Pretty awesome Rob! I like how Scarecrow just sort of blends into the snowy background. Great details on that complex outfit too!

5 Likes

My goal was to show Batman fighting off the effects of the fear toxin.
Lots of digital trickery going on here. :grinning:

7 Likes

Thank you! I wanted to give him the creepiness of coming out of the shadows of snowy night. I really dig his costume, and had such fun with that “hat”.

4 Likes

Cool effects, they would twist my brain if I was seeing them. Great job!

5 Likes

Thanks Rob! It’s always fun to learn new digital tricks, but the challenging part is knowing when to use each one.

4 Likes

I feel like you leveled up here, this is killer :metal:

4 Likes

WOw these are pretty cool

4 Likes

Wow, thank you!!

2 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury
Very awesome™:+1:. Great full body and nice touch with the bat signal in the back.

@icu2PRODUCTIONS
Looks awesome™:+1:. The nice like the figure. All great.

@RobArt471
Woah very awesome™:+1:. Really like the snow effect. All the textures look great.

@JKoco17
Looks awesome™:+1:. Great facial expression. And like the mind fear effects.

4 Likes

Finally finished. Had a fun doing it but but if a lot to chew :sweat_smile:. But really like how it came out. Probably one of my favorite pieces I’ve done. Enjoy​:+1:

6 Likes

I love the colors! Looks really neat :+1:

Great work on this for sure!

5 Likes

Nice work! I love seeing these new characters in the rogues gallery.
Especially enjoying the colors on this :sparkles:

4 Likes