Weekly Art Challenge #61 Submission Thread - September 18 - 25, 2021 - Wildcats!

4 Likes

I love this!! Posing is really well done and the shots fired look amazing, plus the different size bullets for perspective. Just fantastic work!

5 Likes

Nice! void has a pretty neat power and she looks awesome mid-use. Plus like NY said the shine/color is great

5 Likes

Yay more grifter, his wolverine-ness i dig. The colors are great on this plus like his worn mask :+1:

I thought this too lol.

4 Likes

I knew couldn’t be the only one :laughing:

4 Likes

I love the action goin on in this! :fire: :fire:

6 Likes

As always, so creative and super dope, :fire: :fire:

5 Likes

Im in love with the colors! nice bruh :fire: :fire:

5 Likes

3 Likes

@JKoco17 You suggested Lord Helspont, I hope this meets any expectations! It was the first time drawing him and I would say it was extremely fun!!

6 Likes

Wow, really well done! Helspont is just sizzling with energy. You were able to incorporate a cool background too.

Jim Lee created a really great 90s design — kind of a cross between Ghost Rider and Doctor Doom.

5 Likes

Thank you!! Agreed he had such a cool villain vibe.

4 Likes

:scream: This is amaaaazing!!! I’m speechless…

5 Likes

Wow!! Thank you so much! It was fun to draw and I always loved WildCATs!

5 Likes

Oooooo very cool you always have such great detail!!! That brings the picture to life from the firey hand sparks flame things to the muscle on the ribcage. And I really like the fade out by his knees.

4 Likes

Here’s some Maul because well he’s similar to the hulk and I love hulk

1st up tiny titans style maul

2nd from the wildcats/aliens comic

I may come back and try to paint this guy as I did him on canvas, well see.

5 Likes

Thank you very much for the kind words! I am glad you like the addition of the sparks/crackle effects. They really aren’t part of his power, but the fire in black and white was too boring for me. The most fun part was using my brush pen to create the reflection effects on the armor. I am starting to feel more comfortable with using it. Looking forward to some inktober pieces!

4 Likes

Tiny Maul is absolutely adorable!!! I want one!
The hands on the bigger Maul are so freaking good!! Looking at your reference, the face is spot on, along with the “splat” of the Alien’s heads. Really a super job recreating the image!

4 Likes

Nice work Stef! Those hands on Maul are perfect! That’s two weeks in a row I’ve noticed how good your hand work is becoming.

Ah, that Wildcats/Aliens book…wasn’t it really a place to kill off most of Stormwatch so it could be taken in a totally new direction?

5 Likes

Woah that’s awesome™:+1:
Didn’t know this guy existed but he looks awesome​:+1:

4 Likes