Weekly Art Challenge #61 Submission Thread - September 18 - 25, 2021 - Wildcats!

You do not have to be a member of the DC Fan Art Club to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to the group! Find out more here.

The topic this week is Jim Lee’s Wildcats. Draw a character from any volume throughout Wildcats history.

You can find out more details here.

Due Date: September 25, 2021
Post your final work in the thread below.
DCFanArtClub

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

4 Likes

First I wanted to thank everyone who made suggestions as to who I should draw for this week’s challenge. It was just the boost I needed to find my way in.
Grifter seemed to be the one that kept coming up so I gave the character a go. Sorry @RobArt471 i just saw your suggestion of Brad Pitt just as I was finishing up, but with the mask on it could be!
I drew him as if he was falling out a window shooting and I made his coat billow out like a cape.

8 Likes

Nice action pose! Glad you were able to find a hook that inspired you!

6 Likes

I tried Void. I know there is a lot more opportunity for special effects here, but I kind of like leaving this as is.

Definitely inspired by the Wildcats #2 cover.

7 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury
Very awesome™:+1: grifter.
Nice action shot.

@JKoco17
Awesome™:+1: void. Definitely cool effects and great shine.

5 Likes

I did Grifter since he the only one in really know. Funny the first time is saw him was the flashpoint movie and thought he was flashpoint red hood :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:. Later learned I was wrong. But either way here it is.

Decided to keep it simple with the side view this week. But like how it came out.

8 Likes

Great pose! The perspective is really good, I can feel him jumping down at me! Of course the shading is fantastic! The gun shots are a great addition to the action. Superior work on this one!

5 Likes

Nice homage to the cover! The lighting for her silver skin tight costume is excellent! Really love the effect of her powers teleporting!

5 Likes

Beautiful colors! Your profile work is outstanding! Superb piece!

5 Likes

Thanks Rob! So who are you thinking of going with? Have you ever done Ladytron or Lord Helspont?

5 Likes

Great work on the colors as usual. That Grifter mask is a very cool design.

4 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

Beautiful stuff “guys”!!! Looks incredible!!

5 Likes

Oooo…Helspont? I have never done Helspont. Thanks for the suggestion!

5 Likes

I love how she shimmers into the scene which is a cool effect. I also like the outlining of the light around her. I know it is difficult together it to look just right when I did my gun shot effects. Great job!

6 Likes

Thanks! I thought it was a great pose

4 Likes

Thanks!

4 Likes

I love the coloring especially the drab green of the jacket. I can imagine him walking down the street with purpose and we are in close up following him. Nice job!

5 Likes

Thanks! I tried to get my realism into the shot as well. I used a reference for the pose but figured out the jacket myself. The gun shots I was worried about it coming out ok

5 Likes