Weekly Art Challenge #57 Submission Thread - August 14 - 21, 2021- Starro!

Very awesome™:+1:

Definitely feels like Starro is making the ground shake. And cool with the tiny Harls. Very well done.

7 Likes

Really nice work. Little Starros just fits the concept perfectly!

7 Likes

Love this @ImpulseMaxMercury! :heart_eyes: Very creative and you definitely captured the motion aspect of it (plus the tiny Harley!!).

7 Likes

Between work and doing some other art related stuff I haven’t had much time for a challenge lately but I needed a break and I thought this challenge was just the thing!
Here’s the rough. I might come back to it later.
I added a halftone effect to it.

13 Likes

Great work @Goldk! I really love the details, specifically Superman’s face. :superman: Fantastic sense of motion as well.

6 Likes

Very awesome™:+1:
This is such a cool scene. The face and effects all great.

6 Likes

Wow this is awesome! Love love looove it :heart:

5 Likes

Took a scene from the movie and mixed it up (gave it a cartoony unlimited vibe) so if you haven’t seen it yet…

11 Likes

Wow thats your rough. :hushed: great perspective and hand work and shading. And well the inside of starro!

6 Likes

Amazing! It seems so at peace here. The reflection in the eye is nice and the star field was well done. I know stars are hard to do and you did great

4 Likes

Haha! Great choice of character and I get the feeling he is trying to squirm out of it. You’d think he’d be able to expand his head to large enough to pop him off.

5 Likes

Thanks! Starro and stars just seemed like a good fit and I’m even amazed how I got the textures with that

4 Likes

Thanks! I wanted to get the sense of scale and I noticed tiny Harley so I figured why not. Drawing rubble was tricky but I think it worked

5 Likes

Thanks! I initially was just doing as the picture showed but when I took my picture of the drawing I was at an angle so happy accident.

5 Likes

Thanks! Still my style but I do every do totem as all the time would cause me to retire early due to hand cramps.

5 Likes

Thanks! I really like how it turned out and getting motion was all in the angles.

5 Likes

This is amazing! Really get the sense of fear or anger in trying to burn the starfish off. The shading is cool and really feel like this battle is happening

5 Likes

Fantastic as always!! Missed your stuff around here!! Loving your hand work!

4 Likes

Really does capture that animated feel! I feel the sense of being trapped. Alsoconsidering the original villain according to James Gunn was going to be Superman even better

5 Likes

Poor Supes. Bet ya had fun with this, cause it shows. Great concept and pulled off really nicely!

4 Likes