Weekly Art Challenge #57 Submission Thread - August 14 - 21, 2021- Starro!

You do not have to be a member of the DC Fan Art Club to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to the group! Find out more here.

The topic this week is Starro the Conqueror! Draw a picture of either Starro itself or of the mini-starfish attached to the head of your favorite DC character!

You can find out more details here.

Due Date: August 21, 2021
Post your final work in the thread below.
DCFanArtClub

StarroMovie
Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

7 Likes

Starro floating with the stars.

Had fun with this one. Used it to make a nice space background really enjoy making those and also used it to work on some reflections with the eye. Like how it turned out.

16 Likes

Really great work! The background is beautiful and so is that eye! Nice shape plus the colors of starro.

7 Likes

7 Likes

That’s very cool! The multi-colored stars in the background are a nice touch.

Starro’s just floating, not causing any trouble at all!

8 Likes

Watch out Plastic Man! You can stretch yourself out of that, right??

14 Likes

Of course definitely not plotting which world to conquer next :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Looks awesome™:+1:. But it does make me question can he stretch his way out :thinking:.

8 Likes

Like what you did with the shades/goggles. And the eye brows/lids makes me picture him looking cross eyed down at starro.

8 Likes

Crazy great!! Love the eye!

7 Likes

Fun way to avert the starting baby attack! Great job!!

8 Likes

@NYJt3 - I really love the colors on this and I think you did a great job with the background/reflection! :heart_eyes: Hopefully Starro is happy in space and stays in space this time.

@JKoco17 - I’m sure he could, right? :thinking: I’m not sure I’d want to test this theory. I really like how you drew Starro in this and the facial expression is perfectly comedic, especially with your detail to the goggles and eyebrows. Nice work! :+1:

8 Likes

Thanks​:+1:

7 Likes

Thanks @NYJt, @stefanie.m, @RobArt471 and @Shayera.Hol ! Plas is always fun to draw. He lets you streeeeeeeeetch some of the rules of anatomy! :grinning:

8 Likes

6 Likes

This is so wholesome. The reflection of the stars is a great touch. Reminds me of the last thing Starro says in the movie :pleading_face::pray:

9 Likes

Yeah that was some of the inspiration behind it. Poor Starro. :cry:

9 Likes

For this week’s challenge, I took inspiration from seeing all the tiny Starros come out of the large Starro. I returned to the style I am known for and drew large Starro using only little stars.

I drew the foreground/background without using stars but a little abstract. I even captured a tiny Harley in the front just like my reference.

I like how I captured a sense of motion with the off kilter angle I drew at.
Here is the reference I used:

15 Likes

Astonishing!! What a perfect style choice!! You never fail to impress me!!

8 Likes

This most definitely, like hes coming right for you. I really love this piece, such a unique/creative idea and you always pull it off spectacularly. Plus the rubble and the tiny harls. :clap:

8 Likes