Weekly Art Challenge #49 Submission Thread - June 12 - 19, 2021 - Milestone Comics!

Very awesome™:+1:
A nice Iconic hero pose. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you! That is exactly what I was going for with this. I almost did the “Iconic” Superman holding the car cover of action comics, but I thought a tank was a little cooler. :joy:

2 Likes

Another great work Rob. Watch out for flying tanks!

Did you do Rocket earlier in the year when we did the random number selection? This is a good companion piece to that.

3 Likes

Yup, I sure did!! You have a great memory!!

7 Likes

Finally catching up on everyone else’s work. These are magnificent!

@JKoco17 That is an epic pose! The electricity is awesome (as your “energy” shapes always are) and I love the perspective on his hand in relation to the backbend pose. Wicked sweet.

@SGTSUGAR Love this Static! The smirk and eyeroll are beautiful, and I love how you have the shadowed hint of his hand inside the electricity ball. Magifnicent coloring with the pencils, too!! Love the highlights and shadows coming from the blast!

@Goldk That Icon is … tight as hell. So much detail on the musculature. The more I zoom in the more in awe I am. I always make things worse when I try that. Beautiful as always.

@ImpulseMaxMercury That is great work on a complex character, man! So much detail to unpack and appreciate there, but I really love the beautiful attention of the shading on each chain link. (Jumped out at me before I read your commentary.) Really helps sell the perspective. Awesome work all around!

@NYJt3 These are awesome! I want to watch this animated series! (For some reason Icon’s face reminds me of David Ramsey - was that intentional “casting” or just my brain?)

@RobArt471 These are bananas beautiful. Excellent tribute on the Icon piece, and so much detail on the tank - I love it!! As with Goldk, your skill with musculature (on both of them) and fabric folds is enviable. Excellent work!

Thank you kindly, all! Glad the colors work - I’m still very hesitant on them - and “aggressive” shading I guess - but need to keep trying to get better. Was going to having her punching out Holocaust but it took my so long to get her proportions right (and pose decent) that I had to stick to just her.

6 Likes

:fire: :fire:

3 Likes

:fire: :fire:

3 Likes

Not intentional but I can see it :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you, I appreciate it! :batparrot:

2 Likes

I absolutely adore this!!!

Plus like Rob and jk said that glow effect is very cool.

2 Likes

Great work gold! I love the pose a d the glow effect plus well great cape action.

1 Like

Whoa crazy amount of detail! Looks fantastic!!

2 Likes

Nice rocket, love the pose and that jacket :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Oh lord I love this too!

Looks amazing, the style the pose work is great and so is the coloring. I’d watch this.

1 Like

Dope work!! muscle definition and cape work are always spot on!

2 Likes

Thank you! :pray:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

Thanks to all who participated and followed along with the Milestone Returns challenge!

4 Likes

Oh my… we really do have extremely talented individuals on this platform. Seriously, great stuff everyone! I love love love looking at all of this stuff before and after too haha it’s so magical

4 Likes