Weekly Art Challenge #49 Submission Thread - June 12 - 19, 2021 - Milestone Comics!

You do not have to be a member of the DC Fan Art Club to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to the group! Find out more here.

This week the challenge is to create a piece of art to celebrate the return of Milestone Coimcs on June 15 (both in print and on DCUI).

You can check out more details here.

Due Date: June 19, 2021
Post your final work in the thread below.

@DCFanArtClub
Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

4 Likes

Here’s Static, based on the early issues of the original series.

12 Likes

Static :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: awesome perspective, looks like he’s going to zap me! Also fantastic coloring/shade work.

7 Likes

Great job @JKoco17! Good choice of pose and I like how you drew all the electricity. :zap: :zap: :zap:

7 Likes

Thanks Shayera and Stef. I was trying to make it crackling with energy!

6 Likes

Very dynamic pose! Super good job on the effects too!

5 Likes

this is awesome, :fire: :fire:

4 Likes

Took another shot at colored pencils, so much smoother on Bristol paper, it did take me all week to finish my version of Static Shock though lol!

10 Likes

This is electrifying! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Really fantastic work on both the drawing and the coloring. The blending is phenomenal and the use of highlights to create the glow of the electricity is spot on great!

4 Likes

Really great. The glow effect you have on his face is perfect!

5 Likes

9 Likes

Thanks brother I appreciate it!

3 Likes

This is legit! :fire: :fire:

3 Likes

Thank you I appreciate it!

3 Likes

Icon! That’s really good (you’re a much better colorist of your stuff than I am). Great glowing hands.

4 Likes

I apologize for being so last minute this week. I was on vacation for the first half and then had my daughter’s dance recital and time got away from me.
So what do I do with a time crunch?
I pick one of the more difficult and time intensive characters: Hardware.
First, drawing all the technological detail takes a lot of time to look realistic. Second, and the reason I don’t plan on tackling Lobo anytime soon, is drawing chains and getting the shading right takes a lot of effort.
With all that being said, I’m proud of the final result and as I always say, I look for the challenge because how else can you improve?

9 Likes

Awesome work @SGTSUGAR, I really love colored pencil work. You did an amazing job with the electricity (especially the glow on his face, neck, and arm). :cloud_with_lightning:

Great job @Goldk! Very dynamic pose and as I keep finding myself to saying everyone, you did some nice work on the glow effect. I also really like the cape and its movement around him. :100:

I think you did a really nice job on the chains @ImpulseMaxMercury and the level of detail you put into this is mind-blowing. :exploding_head: It definitely does not look like you did this on a time crunch! I’d love to see your take on this when you have more time if this is what you can put out with less time. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Very awesome work! That tech rivals the way Denys Cowan did it in the Hardware series from the 90s.

7 Likes

8 Likes

Crazy detail work! OMG, it is superb!!

6 Likes