Weekly Art Challenge #48 Submission Thread - DC Pride - June 5-12, 2021

I love this, :fire: :fire: :00_flash1: :00_flash1:

7 Likes

I love this​:sparkling_heart: you did so good, I love the pose as well.

7 Likes

Very creative @ImpulseMaxMercury, I love the pose too! I’m glad you found some fantastic inspiration. :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

That is a brilliant idea, and a great execution! Very well done! May I ask how large a scale you did this on? The detail seems incredible.

7 Likes

I draw the actual character on a regular size paper 8.5 by 11. I then just draw each of the symbols small enough and I cluster them together in various closeness to get the different levels of shading. It is a painstaking process and I have to take breaks because it hurts my hand to draw the symbols so small but still provide the shading required.

7 Likes

Thanks to everyone who participated and followed along with DC Pride week. I’ll add this to the 2021 gallery.

6 Likes

@Stephen.Gluck.Henderson.67303
As said with the Kate before awesome™:+1: take on her.

@stefanie.m
Awesome™:+1:
Apollo and Midnighter very clean lines.
Cool Kate and Renee too
The HQ and PI doing bat/cat is awesome™:+1:
Also like the rainbow filters

@JKoco17
Great Harls

@IamBeastBoy08
Adorably awesome™:+1: Aqualad
And cool logo

@SGTSUGAR
Really awesome™:+1:

@keath
Cool perspective. I think the color came out nice.

@ImpulseMaxMercury
A classic IMM with the symbol art. Very awesome™:+1:. The nonbi symbol works well for this.

5 Likes

Very late definitely got way to into this one but enjoyed it​:sweat_smile:.

Zoom ins to see better

6 Likes

You may have to click the image as life piper is cut off :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

That’s awesome! Brilliant idea! And great color pairings to the characters. Took me a hot minute to figure out the pink stripe, but I love the gag. Also love the way Pied Piper kind of steps out of his stripe. Both the glow of Alan’s ring and the smoke around Renee are beautifully done!

I don’t think Kate wants to be here, though. :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks​:+1:

Yeah that gag with Harley was her the idea started then turned into more​:sweat_smile:.

With Piper he doing him as I made him is realized his pipe would have been cut of so I improved him fitting in. Luckily Renee’s lean back pose worked :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Really fantastic work! Adding this right to the 2021 gallery!

3 Likes

Thanks​:+1:

2 Likes

LOVE THIS! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Such a brilliant concept and executed fantastically. Midnighter is perfect! And Kates pose with Piper at the end there. Oh and ivys wood -ness very neat. Just really great work dude!!

3 Likes

2 Likes

There are more amazing pieces here than I can comment on at the moment, but I love this!

3 Likes

You’re still at it! And you’ve started to use the symbols to create even more detailed shading. :open_mouth:

4 Likes

I felt this fit a return to my old style. I’m glad it turned out so well and I think my time with shading has really help me

2 Likes

Definitely! Ive been looking through some of the old threads and the progress never ceases to amaze. Meanwhile, I’m over here regressing :sweat_smile:

1 Like