Weekly Art Challenge #45 Submission Thread - May 15 - 22, 2021

Amazing job, @keath! I really like your take on Zilius Zox.

6 Likes

Theses are awesome™:+1:

6 Likes

Whoa! You make hands look so easy! Love pain bot especially the fish and teeth (did he borrow those from king shark lol). And zox looks great, little details on his teeth and the shading.

5 Likes

Dang great work, like the bat tires.

6 Likes

Beautifully done. The colors are really splendid and that tentacle with the suction cup things perfecto.

5 Likes

Definitely hard to do rain shots and you did great!, the lightning like jk said is a nice touch.

6 Likes

Noice! Cool seeing crafts. Tbh I only know of this character from the ABC character thread.

5 Likes

Definitely hard and yours looks fantastic! The tread looks good and the shading you have :+1:

5 Likes

Definitely adorable to the max. Well done!

6 Likes

Whoa great colors :ok_hand: and work

5 Likes

Love the titans tower! Well done, always love seeing your Minecraft work :+1:

6 Likes

Thankyou, I really appreciate that. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

@Jurisdiction @Shayera.Hol @NYJt3 @stefanie.m – thank you all for your kind words. For the teeth, I think that’s supposed to be bear trap, but it looks kind of weird on the end of a robot arm. I like the idea of PB having real shark teeth, but that might cross the “redesign” line. (I modeled the weapon selections from a few different references - don’t think these are ever all shown at once.)

7 Likes

Thanks​:+1:

5 Likes

Thanks! I had never done rain shots before, but it is what I thought of immediately to show the invisible plane without doing the outline you usually see.
The lightning was done after I had drawn it, and I simply erased to get the effect. I like using negative space to give the feeling of something there.

6 Likes

I think these look great! I especially love Zilius Zox. He just looks so menacing and you have captured the face so well with the shading. I know that is sometimes the hardest part for me, to not shade too much and you did it well. I also enjoy the unbooted feet, as they look creepy like another set of hands.
Do not worry about depth of field, I am still working on perspective sometimes. What I find helpful is finding references that someone has drawn with the items I want to learn how to draw and copy them. I keep doing it until I feel comfortable trying something on my own. I actually also confirmed this with Neal Adams (yes that Neal Adams!) when I asked the question about drawing comics and how to do so when he had a live IG feed. He answered my question to copy copy copy.
Painbot tickles my humor bone in so many ways and reminds me of the Acme devices in the Road Runner cartoons. I have also had times with getting the text just right especially if I am doing a homage to something. It just takes practice and realizing it will not be exactly as if it were printed, but should look close enough.
Good job!

7 Likes

Flying in a snowstorm in a flock of white doves no less.

4 Likes

Thanks!

4 Likes

I like this! I always thought Keaton’s Batman was the best, and you really captured what the Batbike would look like if it showed up in his movies. Realistic enough and not overly bright and campy as the later movies would be.
The shading on this with the lines reminds me also of like independent comics like Krumb , it just has that feel.

7 Likes

I like this! You found a way to not show Aquaman as you would expect at least bhis hand on the trident. It is like he called to the octopus to grab it for him and bring it back like a game of fetch. I really like how you drew the waves, where I get a sense of motion. I know I try to draw water and it can often look cartoony, so this is amazing to me. Good job!

6 Likes