Weekly Art Challenge #37, Submission Thread

Thank yeah I really like for how the hair turned out.
I actually feel profiles easier than other angles​:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Quick piece as I’ve been distracted by drawing avacato, sorry phantom lady :ok_woman:

Bubble says: dollman get me the heck out of this

8 Likes

Oooooo she looks like a bad ÷/$ love it. And just the yellow pop is excellent. Great job!

3 Likes

Great work! Profile is great along with her hair and that see through bandana thing is cool. Like an old time bandit.

Dang everyone is killing this challenge as usual! :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks @NYJt3 , @RobArt471 , @stefanie.m , @CynicalPink !

I didn’t know much about Soranik before I started this. I may have made her a bit too evil.
She started as a Green Lantern, had a relationship with Kyle Rayner, but then became the leader of the Sinestro Corps after all kinds of comic book craziness.

4 Likes

Very nice work!

She’s a Flash villain? I thought Lady Luck was an old time pulp hero going back to Will Eisner.

4 Likes

Looks awesome™:+1: :joy:

3 Likes

Thanks :+1: I was wondering if should have added the bandanna. Glad I did it, really liked how it came out.

3 Likes

You are correct I mixed her up with Hazard​:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, but I do not have the body to fill out the outfit of Tomorrow Woman. People would be poking out their eyes and placing them into a previous DCFAC challenge.
I am glad you liked the drawing. I have been taking baby steps away from copying poses as they are. I try to perform magic but mainly just sound silly saying things backwards (see what I did there @Floral.Femme.Fatale ?)

5 Likes

This is so cool. It has a real fluid motion to it, as well as a nice animated look. I also enjoyed the progression of the drawing from sketch to colored picture. BY the way, the mace looks great as it can be difficult to show it held in the hand of the warrior.

5 Likes

I am not sure I have the superhero physique to be running around in costume and I may get the cops called on me. I’ll stick to my superhero tshirts and the occasional towel cape.
I know, I had to look up Tomorrow Woman and then remember where I saw her from. IT seems she had more life in comics than I remembered as I only knew her from JLA.

4 Likes

People who can draw with reference are doing magic. I couldn’t for the life of me, I’ve never even really successfully done it except just once for a drawing trade.

4 Likes

She has that punk rock, Joan Jett look to her. I like the minimal use of color and the way she is using the ring makes me think she is giving me the finger, which fits. Great job!

6 Likes

I really love the coloring on this. I cannot remember with her whether it was a veil or face coloring on the face for green, but it looks very cool. It seems to make me think she just was involved in something, savoring the caper, and looking to the next one.

4 Likes

Cool, but is it wrong for me to get a Wizard of Oz vibe with a look of a house falling on someone? Maybe it’s just me. LOve seeing the sketch.

4 Likes

Lol no it’s not wrong. I just couldn’t get the image of her suit malfunctioning as she’s trying to phase through a wall and ends up getting stuck. Maybe I should leave the jokes to biff :grin:

3 Likes

A little late, but I disliked what I had and decided to draw something completely different today.

Character: Rocket
Reference:

9 Likes

I love the background effects you do focused character in white and then the black i.e smoke for rocket or stars for lois and supes. Its very cool! Also rocket looks boss like shes coming right for you.

3 Likes

Thank you! You totally get it. She is supposed to be walking straight at you and nothing is gonna stop her. Her “power” is really cool too. Absorbs kinetic energy and redistributes it to enhanced strength, create shields, shoot power bolts and fly. My first go at drawing her had her standing still deflecting the concrete pillars and shooting her energy bolts. But with her standing still didn’t feel right for her. Plus she is tough and I wanted her look like a boss.

Only thing I don’t like is that her power is shown as bubbly cloud like shapes. I wanted to give her Kirby crackle, but didn’t want to break any rules.

3 Likes