Weekly Art Challenge #37, Submission Thread

Week37Banner
This week’s challenge features ALL of DC’s ladies. You do not have to be a member of the DC Fan Art Club to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to the group! Find out more here.

@DCFanArtClub

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines.

8 Likes

HawkGirl!
A little process breakdown. I included the linework, colors, values, and all of the elements combined.

12 Likes

Tomorrow Woman…today!
I’ll admit I remembered her vaguely from the one issue of JLA, then when I went to research her, I didn’t realize she had a whole series of adventures afterwards. Can’t keep a good heroine down!

I am especially proud of this as, although I used a reference for face and costume, I created the pose by myself. And no, @cici this did not mean I dressed up and used myself as reference. Although I think I would have killed it in this outfit.

13 Likes

:joy: Disappointment! I demand we make that a challenge and all dress in capes and run around superhero-posing!

Haha no but in all honesty this is great, it’s been fun to see all these lesser known super women getting some limelight!

7 Likes

Beautiful!!! She looks ready to deck someone with that mace (?)

I always like to see the process as well!

6 Likes

My attempt at a mace, I believe that’s the hawk people’s weapon of choice.

7 Likes

Gotta love the mace :metal:

7 Likes

Nice work! Pose is really great its always difficult to show movement (for me anyway lol) but you nailed it.

4 Likes

Its fantastic! i just couldn’t remember if thats what it was called lol

6 Likes

Soranik Natu (or is she going by Soranik Sinestro now?)

– Edited to add her face tattoo (how did I forget that??)

12 Likes

Nicely done!! I love the pose and really enjoy the breakdowns. The shading is top notch!!

5 Likes

Great job! The shading and the cape are superb!

5 Likes

Very very nice! Absolutely evil looking. Perfect expression.

5 Likes

@jose.edgar.martinez
Really awesome™:+1:. Very cool to see the process.

@ImpulseMaxMercury
Never heard of her before but looks awesome™:+1:

@JKoco17
Very awesome™:+1:. Like the evil twist. :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

Finished this lucky lady.
(Lady Luck)

12 Likes

Ooh, seconding Rob, because I forgot to mention this in the other thread – but yes, thank you for sharing the process breakdown! I love learning from these.

5 Likes

:rofl: You absolutely would have.

And you also killed it with this week’s art, especially without having a reference for the pose. People who can draw without one are doing magic, far as I’m concerned.

5 Likes

Not uh. I’d totally got the NW route and get a shiny onesie.

@JKoco17 She looks badass. I actually don’t know her character very well, but here, she looks like she’d do her daddy proud. I really like that you went for the light on dark colors, too.

@NYJt3 She’s perfectly themed for this month! Profiles are so tricky to draw. You did an excellent job here. Is she a villain?

6 Likes

Really well done!! I really love the hair! Great work on the profile as CP said they’re tricky! Much better than my Lois from last month’s challenge.

3 Likes

:joy: didn’t think of that. Thank​:+1:
I think she’s a classic flash villain.

3 Likes