Weekly Art Challenge #35, Submission Thread

Deep

4 Likes

I think this works great. Not sure if you meant this or not. The solemn look she has and the deep dark she seems to blend in with makes this very symbolic. This is real art, speaking relative to my “comic” art. I could sit and look at this for awhile and contemplate its meaning in an art gallery or museum.

3 Likes

I love this on many levels! One being it is a homage to Chewie and C3PO from Empire. The dialogue is super funny too. :joy:

3 Likes

ahhhh i love then, @CynicalPink and @Goldk! i love them! I LOVE THEM

3 Likes

Just finished inking this tonight. I may color it at some point.

I don’t know nearly enough about Doom Patrol as I should. All I know is from some older comics and the new show. I hope this keeps with the team dynamic.

4 Likes

Wow, this really portrays a lot of emotion. She looks so lonely and empty, which which is made even more tragic if you know the character. Truly a work of art.

4 Likes

i really want to read this story! Well done!

3 Likes

Thanks!! :laughing: Maybe it is a Batman/Doom Patrol cross-over. Where the Joker is trying to recruit Crazy Jane and he is setting her up to meet him by getting her committed to AA, but Robotman interceded.

3 Likes

i feel like i let the team down with my incomplete drawing, so here are my Robotman valentines i’d already made! (i might update with my Crazy Jane valentine after I finish it)

6 Likes

It looks great, Biff! :relaxed: :dp_robotman:

3 Likes

Everyone’s art looks great! :relaxed::heart: :dp_robotman:

3 Likes

thank you! i was hoping you’d approve! :smile:

3 Likes

@comp.LEX
Very awesome™:+1:
Definitely fit the stangnes vibe of The Doom Patrol.

@JKoco17
Awesome™:+1:
Really like how I can see so much expression in such still face.

@ImpulseMaxMercury
Really like how the hair came out. And the background fits great.

@biff_pow
Fun thought she said Funions :sweat_smile:
Looks awesome™:+1:

@CynicalPink
Very awesome™:+1:
The fabric of the close look like they feel like close (if that makes sense). Definitely deep vibes.

@Goldk
:joy: Very awesome™:+1:
Definitely sounds like something they’d say. The details as always amazing.

@RobArt471
This definitely seems like it would be a great story. Has Jane or any DP member been sent to Arkham​:thinking:? If not why haven’t they tried it.

4 Likes

Here’s mine. Wanted to fit more personalities in but it felt crowed so just throw in three.
Jane giving Robotman a tearful thank you hug. And some personalities are trying to do the same in there way. But faded since they are not really there.

I definitely agree with the complexities of Diane Guerrero’s face. Definitely a challenge :sweat_smile:.

6 Likes

Looks great and very cool use of opacity to get the ghostly presence!

3 Likes

Thank you! :smiley:

3 Likes

Your welcome! :relaxed:

3 Likes

Looks good! :+1:t4: :dp_robotman:

3 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes