Weekly Art Challenge #32, Submission Thread

I interpreted this week’s text challenge as an opportunity to try a new type of art form in a new medium! I spent my day off getting way out of my comfort zone. Here’s an abstraction of Talia al Ghul in acrylic on canvas. I call it “Beloved”.

11 Likes

That is rad!

6 Likes

Thank you very much!! I still have a lot to learn, but it was actually fun. Previously, coloring was more of a labor than fun. Which I guess is why I didn’t do it much.

I would like to give many of you reference credit, thank you!

@biff_pow, @Hyperia90, @CynicalPink, @stefanie.m, @cici, @_UnderScore, @Goldk and @RexTyler! If I missed anyone I am sorry, but I drew a little from each of your amazing coloring abilities & artwork!

7 Likes

@RobArt471 a lot of times my focus fixates on a detail, and this time it’s the tendons in the back of his fist. So natural and organic! and your coloring’s great!

@JKoco17 now i do want to read it! very cool restrained use of color as highlights

@Hyperia90 wow! wow! wow, Hyperia! gonna start a band called Fetal Batman just so i can hire you to paint the cover of our album

6 Likes

Never would have thought that was your first attempt with Procreate! You’re a natural! Love hte subtle use of different brushes on his uniform. I think that kind of barely there texture goes a long way to making digital art pop. I’m always trying to experiment with it, but I can’t quite get it down yet. :sweat_smile: You can teach me soon enough.

6 Likes

That design is excellent! Haven’t read it, but now curious!

6 Likes

This is absolutely amazing! You are extremely talented!!

5 Likes

Back when we did a teamwork challenge (everyone worked in teams), one group was assigned an abstract Talia, but life got in the way and they didn’t get to submit. You just made me so happy with this! It’s so weird and beautiful and perfect! I love it!

7 Likes

:laughing: Please do.

7 Likes

@biff_pow & @CynicalPink, thank you both!! I might try to actually draw something within the app tonight after work. Until then, peace.

5 Likes

Omg soooo cute and grumpy. How the heck do you get those colors so right :exploding_head: :clap:

6 Likes

First forray you’re a natural! The little highlights on bats really brings it altogether.

6 Likes

I loooove this. You didn’t even need to tell me it was Talia from the pit in the mtn to lil bat babe damian. Also the colors

7 Likes

Have not heard of him but second SBG will have to now. Also really nice work, colors position. :+1:

7 Likes

@SuperBlueGrodd Thank you!!

@RobArt471 Wow, thank you so much!!

@CynicalPink That’s crazy! I was all set to do a geometric abstraction of Plastic Man, and then the concept for Talia hit me and I shifted gears. Now I’m glad I did and thank you!!:blush:

@biff_pow

:rofl: I’d love to see those song titles!! And thank you!

@stefanie.m Thank you!! I’m so glad you picked up on those details, because I struggled with how overt to make the elements involved. I tried to use the Arabic words to underscore the concepts, but that really only helps if you read Arabic, which I sure don’t lol. The one above the eye is her surname “Ghul/Demon”, the one by the pit is “immortality”, and the one by the blades is “legacy”.

6 Likes

@stefanie.m I love this! I love when Croc gets humanized. He’s a great character and you brought out that vulnerability hidden in him that I love to see :pleading_face::pray: and his smile! my heart is warm.

@Hyperia90 What an awesome piece of art! Idk how you did it but I immediately knew “Talia” and also the baby demon is a great touch :ok_hand:

@RobArt471 you lie! This is too good already! :sweat_smile: I love how dramatic and moody it feels. Perfect for Spooky

@JKoco17 with a name like Ghost Fist I already love him :metal: also your hands are very impressive

8 Likes

Thank you!! It’s a huge compliment that you could recognize Talia in it!! :blush:

7 Likes

Maybe if someone gifted him some sort of shirt Hawkman would wear it?

9 Likes

funny but ALSO the perfect sweater for Hawkman? How do you do it!

5 Likes

I love the three amigos reference, awesome!

6 Likes