Wednesday Nights' WAL - Batman Beyond sponsored by the DC TV & MOVIE CLUB

This is BEYOND exciting! We have watched “TITANS” and now the YOUNG JUSTICE WAL has reached its finale (for now we hope!!) This means that we need the next thing to watch on Wednesday nights!

The next thing @DC-TV-And-Movie-Club is hosting is a watch-along of the animated series “BATMAN BEYOND”. This will take place every single WEDNESDAY at 9 PM EST. This will be hosted by @CassTheStreet. At 9 PM EST we will continue with the next episode in the series from where we left off the week before. We will be watching two episodes per week, as they are roughly 22ish minutes a piece.

Here is how you can join in:

WHO: You!
WHAT: BATMAN BEYOND can be found on MAX. This does mean that you will need to have an HBO Max subscription to participate in the WAL or have the episodes available through DVD or other means.
WHERE: We will be doing the discussion portion of the Watch Along Below!
WHEN: Starting on February 28, 2024 at 9 PM EST.
WHY: To watch the BATMAN BEYOND animated series together as a community! Feel free to join into this watch-along at any particular moment. We will always have a post that states what episodes we are currently on in the thread! If you like a particular episode, but don’t want to commit to the entire run, feel free to join in on that particular week. Just pay attention to my post about what the season, episode, and title we are on is each week. Again, we will watch 2 episodes per week starting at 9 PM EST, until we have watched the entire series! Yep, we plan to watch all three seasons of the animated classic.
HOW: Great question–read below!

=========================

RULES OF THE ROAD​

1. CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – You must have a way to access the series (i.e. link to where it available on MAX is above) and a DCUI membership to interact during the watch-along.
  2. DUAL-WIELDING – Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices; Your phone or computer for comments, and the big screen for viewing.
  3. 2, 1 LET’S JAM – Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action- we’ll be starting at the stroke of the hour
  4. A WRINKLE IN TIME – If you get lost in the time, you can calculate where the audience is by checking the minute- For example, if it’s 2:15pm PST, then we are 15 minutes into the show. Generally, we will let you know where we are in the show per posts as well by providing general information about what is happening on screen. We are nice like that.

I hope to see ya’ll here on WEDNESDAYS @ 9 PM EST. I have seen the movie attached to this show, but only the first episode of the animated series. It will be awesome to watch this with this wonderful community! WEDNESDAY NIGHTS CONTINUE!

9 Likes

I’m IN!!! I watched all of season one back during quarantine, but never got past there despite wanting to! I also don’t remember anything about it besides me loving it! I’ll be here!

6 Likes

It will be great to see you at these! I only remember the movie, so we are probably in similar situations. I tend to send out a reminder on Wednesday when possible and always reply in here that it is time for the WAL. See you on Wednesday!

5 Likes

I actually haven’t seen the movie yet lol

4 Likes

I will probably try to have a WAL of that when it feels appropriate based on where we are in the animated series. I think it will fit after, but I need to verify where it fits with the series. I will make sure you know when that gets scheduled for. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks

4 Likes

Of course I’ll be there! I have seen all four seasons plus the movie more than once, but it’s been a minute.

Can’t wait to continue my favorite weekly tradition with another great WAL.

4 Likes

It was made after the show I believe. Technically we can probably watch it whenever as it really was a stand alone. But if you want to stick with order, I believe it was after.

4 Likes

@DC-TV-And-Movie-Club, tonight is the first 2 episodes of season 1 of Batman Beyond at 6 PM PST/9 PM EST!!! Looking forward to seeing some of you here!!

4 Likes

55 MINUTES until SHOWTIME!!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Let me give you a rundown and spoiler…it’s a great show to watch! :smiley:

2 Likes

DC Universe Infinite library has the 2 part comic based on the first two episodes!:smiley:

2 Likes

I will have to give that a look! My best friend loves “Batman Beyond” and has always talked about it, so it will be nice to actually have watched it all eventually. Reading some of the comics attached will be the icing on the cake to my friend, so it will be worth reading to me. Thanks for mentioning this friend.

1 Like

Your welcome, the 2 part issues Is in 1999 6 issue miniseries with first two issue based on 2 part episodes, then the rest is on its own before continuing into the series, have fun reading and hope your friend enjoy it as well.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Anyone else having issues getting Max to work tonight? :grimacing:

2 Likes

Ok got a work around. Few. That was so weird. Nothing wanted to play.

2 Likes

On the WB logo!

2 Likes

4 minutes. Sending out a reminder to @Jurisdiction, just in case.

2 Likes

Also on the WB logo. 2 minutes @DC-TV-And-Movie-Club members!

3 Likes

R we planing to stop between episodes or just let it play through?

2 Likes