Watchmen WAL With Excellent xLOVEandDoomPatrolx And DC89 On November 7th

xRRSWal1x

Alrighty y’all- Excellent @xLOVEandDoomPatrolx and I are screening Zack Snyder’s solid take on one of the greatest comics series ever to have hit the space: Watchmen.

Released back in early 2009 this film was met with mixed reviews both critically and by the moviegoing populace but still holds up almost fifteen years after it hit the multiplex.

Me and Excellence are gonna’ be watching the original theatrical release on our discs :cd: but you can also watch it on MAX here and these interwebz hubz here.

Be here on November 7th at 5PM PST/8PM EST with your snacks ready and we’ll queue up this powerful film and make a fun night of it together! :smiley:

(Ultra big shoutout to Excellent @xLOVEandDoomPatrolx for making our super wonderful WAL graphic! :smiley:)

14 Likes

So honored to be sharing this experience with ya, @DC89. :smiley: :hugs:

Looking forward to showtime with everyone. :popcorn:

xWMrrsWAL1x

9 Likes

That sounds cool hope you don’t me joining in, I love WAL.

7 Likes

Of course not, see ya there! :smiley:

7 Likes

Yay @Samsonkillingtime! :smiley:

6 Likes

:hugs:

6 Likes

Bob Dylan recorded this film’s theme quite a few years before its release. :wink: :smile:

6 Likes

If you’ve got Ultra access on your DCUI account you can read the groundbreaking 1980s era comic series here:

6 Likes

Warner Bros Watchmen movie special here:

And Alt Shift X’s take on the comic here:

6 Likes

Did you know that the Watchmen characters were based on Charlton’s stable of characters? The Watchmen template here:

For years I had thought that Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons were basing their idea off of the Golden Age era Justice Society:

6 Likes

I’ve never seen it! I need to!!! Hopefully I can on the 7th, but I’m not sure yet!

6 Likes

Hope you can be here. :smiley:

5 Likes

Me too!

6 Likes

YesI knew that. No need to insult the Justice Society by comparing them to losers like The Minutemen.

8 Likes

I did not gain the title of DCU’s #1 Watchmen fan on accident.

7 Likes

I’m ready for it!

7 Likes

Still paying off the installments?

7 Likes

I am still paying for this site, but when I won the title it was not on the site, so no.

7 Likes

:smiley: :+1:

7 Likes

When I started collecting the books in this series back in 1990/91 I had to go all around the Chicagoland area to find copies that were in VG to NM condition. I’ve highlighted in yellow all the places I went and have highlighted River Forest (Oak Park and River Forest are essentially attached at the hip) where I lived at the time in magenta here:

I had to trek all the way out to fricken’ Joliet and Naperville y’all. And I’m here to tell ya’ it wasn’t easy. But I got all twelve issues and still have 'em all bagged and boarded up to this day.
:smile: :+1:

6 Likes