đź“ş Watch-Along đź“ş Swamp Thing S1 E01! Friday, May 31st, @6pm PST/9pm EST

WARNING: Swamp Thing is rated TV-MA for harsh language, horror themes, and violence.

Turn down the lights, tighten the blankets, and lock the doors- it’s time to dive deep into the waters of SWAMP THING! We highly recommend for this series watching the episode in advance- it deserves a second viewing, and you’ll get all the bonus chills of watching uninterrupted!

For those who have joined a Watch-Along before, you know the drill. For those who haven’t joined a Watch-Along before, there is no better time than the launch of our new green series!

:white_check_mark:THE DEETS​:white_check_mark:

Who: You, silly!

What: SWAMP THING, S01 E01: Pilot

Where: Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments below! Maybe on your phone! But also, you’ll be watching Swamp Thing on another screen to make it easier. So there, too.

When: Friday, May 31st, @6pm PST/9pm EST.

Why: Because the community that geeks out together, stays together.

How: Great question- read below!

=========================

:point_down:RULES OF THE ROAD​:point_down:

1. CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – You must have a subscription to DC Universe to access SWAMP THING.

2. DUAL-WIELDING – Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices; Your phone for comments, and your big screen for viewing.

3. 2, 1 LET’S JAM – Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action- we’ll be starting at the strike of the hour.

4. A WRINKLE IN TIME – If you get lost in the time, you can calculate where the audience is by checking the minute- For example, it’s it’s 6:15pm PST, then we are 15 minutes into the episode.

5. CRISP, REFRESHING CHROME EXTENSIONS – If you’re having trouble keeping up with the comments (understandably), there are Chrome extensions out there that automatically refresh the page as often as you program it to. Worth a shot!

:seedling:Why yes, Swamp Thing IS at 93% on Rotten Tomatoes, thank you for noticing! :sunglasses: Join us, won’t you? :seedling:

23 Likes

I CANNOT WAIT

9 Likes

I have a feeling that the horror aspects of Swamp Thing are going to work really well for these Watch-Alongs. I’ll do my best to make room for this tomorrow :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Can’t wait for Swamp Thing he’s been my favorite character forever. No one compares to Swampy

6 Likes

Whoo hooo now that Doom Patrol has introduced us to storytelling on a diff level (no offense to Titans bc that was fun too) we can all join hands sing kunbayah and step into the swamp…together and hopefully we buddy up and come out the other end better than when we entered! ¡Laissez les bon temps roulez Mes amis!

7 Likes

I’m at work at that time but I’ll be watching each episode and then coming back here to join the fun after the fact.

6 Likes

Can’t wait!!!

8 Likes

I’m pretty excited to watch this series! One of the main reasons I subscribed to DC UNIVERSE

7 Likes

:seedling: WOOOOOOOOOO :seedling: :seedling: WOOOOO​:seedling:
:test_tube::lab_coat::seedling: WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO​:petri_dish::seedling::seedling:
SWAMPTHING :seedling: :seedling: SWAMPTHING :seedling::seedling:
:petri_dish::seedling: SWAMPTHING :seedling: SWAMPTHING :test_tube:
I Am So Excited For This! :seedling: Wooooooo ! :seedling:
:seedling::seedling: WOOOHOOO! SWAMPTHING! :seedling::seedling:

7 Likes

I grew up watching swamp thing with my dad. THIS will be a nice trip down memory lane.

6 Likes

hums the theme of the Swamp Thing cartoon

7 Likes

Yes!! Can’t wait!

5 Likes

Interesting.

5 Likes

We made it!! Today is the day, see you all at the Bayou!

7 Likes

does anyone know when the episodes will be available? will it be weekly?

4 Likes

Happy Swamp Thing Day! I’m loving the first episode!

@j.mc1203 Swamp Thing will be released on a weekly schedule.

4 Likes

Amazing first episode, can’t wait for next week!

4 Likes

That was one amazing ride. Can’t wait too jump back on next week. Way to go DC

4 Likes

Ty to Len Wein and Bernie Wrightson and of Course Alan Moore, Stephen Bisette and the criminally underrated John Tottleben. Ty especially for giving us “Halo of Flies”, John Constantine and a deconstructed Swamp Thing. Horrifying, charming, brilliant, disgusting and philosophical in all aspects. This run is a timeless classic. Emphasis on timeless.

5 Likes

I have to wait until Monday to watch it I will be at Denver comic con all this weekend

4 Likes