WATCH-ALONG! Swamp Thing Episodes 9 & 10 FRIDAY, October 30th @5PM PST/8PM EST

It breathes. It dreams. And, at night, beneath a low-hanging fog, it shambles through the shadows with its red eyes and funereal soul. The swamp has a spirit, and it walks on two legs. A monster that was once a man…

Alec Holland was an idealistic scientist who was synthesizing a top-secret chemical in his hidden lab in the marshlands. But after a bomb in his office explodes, the young scientist is murdered. Or so it seems. Because rising in his place is the Swamp Thing, a creature made of vegetation that’s absorbed Alec Holland’s memories, personality—and grief.

The monstrous Swamp Thing can control every iota of plant life on this planet, from the fungus on stale bread to forests of towering oaks. Superhumanly strong and grotesque, he can grow himself a full array of titanic bodies from even the tiniest sprout of green. A living embodiment of the power and terror in our environment, the Swamp Thing protects both humanity and the environment—usually from each other.

Beyond The Watch-Along:

This week we’re pairing up with the inimitable DC History Club, who is doing their own deep dive into all things Swamp Thing, from their first appearance through Alan Moore’s transformation of Swamp Thing’s identity, all the way into the character’s modern telling by Tom King. Supplemented with polls, interviews, and analysis, this is one swim through the swamp you won’t want to miss!

Please read on below to prepare yourself for how this works:

:white_check_mark:THE DEETS​:white_check_mark:

Who: You, silly!

What: Swamp Thing

Where: Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments below! Maybe on your phone! But also, you’ll be watching justice Swamp Thing on a big screen. So there, too.

When: Friday, October 30th starting at 5p PST/8p EST

Episode 9: 5p PST/8p EST
Episode 10: 5:50p PST/8:55p EST

Why: Because the community that geeks out together, stays together.

How: Great question- read below!

1. CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – You must have a subscription to DC Universe to access Swamp Thing

2. DUAL-WIELDING – Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices; Your phone for comments, and your big screen for viewing.

3. 2, 1 LET’S JAM – Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action- we’ll be starting at the stroke of the hour.

4. CREDITS MUST ROLL - Please do not skip the opening or end credits so we all stick together. Anyone lost in the Speed Force, just let us know!

5. A WRINKLE IN TIME – If you get lost in the time, you can calculate where the audience is by checking the minute- For example, if it’s 5:15 pm PST, then we are 15 minutes into the show. Or, just check with us in the comments and we’ll happily let you know what we’re watching.

We’re so excited to hang out in the proverbial living room with you all and watch the events of this character-studded show unfold!

5 Likes

The only DC History Club fact we have right now, this are two great episodes to finish this series. Nothing better on the eve of Halloween than watching Swamp Thing.

3 Likes

I am glad the show ended on a somewhat closed note. There was no massive cliffhanger or anything like that, not to mention there was a very sweet Abby and Alec moment to end the series on.

3 Likes

Hey everyone what’s up

1 Like

It appears I am going to be making a night of WALs tomorrow! This one and then the one in the lounge. I might be WALed out before tomorrow night is over. Who am I kidding? I love watching these WALs with all of you. Can’t wait to see these episodes tomorrow night.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Will @Alec.Holland be joining also?:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hey @Reaganfan78! Unfortunately, not tonight - he’s busy nurturing the Green.

1 Like

1 Like

Well we’ll be thinking of him and hope he’ll have a great Halloween.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Is there a better place to be on Halloween Eve Eve? No there is not.

3 Likes

If there is, I don’t want to know about it because this is All Hallow’s Eve perfection right here.

3 Likes

3 Likes

I am here

2 Likes

What’s up?

2 Likes

Ready to type
Had a bad case of Vertigo but okay now

2 Likes

That doesn’t sound good glad you’re feeling better now

2 Likes

Glad to hear you’re doing better @TurokSonOfStone1950

2 Likes

Gotta turn off Terripans vs Gophers now and get ready

2 Likes

2 minute warning!

Remember to Watch Everything, Skip Nothing!

2 Likes