WATCH-ALONG! Stargirl S1, E8 Watch-Along! MONDAY, JULY 6th @6PM PST/9PM EST

WATCH-ALONG! Stargirl S1, E8 Watch-Along! MONDAY, JULY 6th @6PM PST/9PM EST

Holy whirlwind - last week’s episode sure packed a punch! We had mean girl, Cindy, not only feeling left out and lonely but also trying to befriend Courtney. We had Courtney forgetting she was part of a team during training and being asked to the dance by none other than Icicle, Jr.!
That wasn’t even the exciting parts! We finally got introduced to Shiv in all of her glory, an epic one-on-one fight between Shiv and Stargirl, and that cliffhanger!
This week’s episode is titled, “Shiv, Part 2” so, you know we’ve got another explosive episode coming our way. Is Courtney okay? Does Shiv know the identity of Stargirl based on Pat calling for her?
Gotta watch to find out!
Please read on below to prepare yourself for how this works:

:white_check_mark:THE DEETS​:white_check_mark:
Who: You, silly!
What: Stargirl Season 1, Episode 8
Where: Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments below! Maybe on your phone! But also, you’ll be watching Stargirl on a big screen. So there, too.
When: Monday, July 6th, at 6p PST/9p EST
Why: Because the community that geeks out together, stays together.
How: Great question- read below!

1. CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – You must have a subscription to DC Universe to access Stargirl.

2. DUAL-WIELDING – Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices; Your phone for comments, and your big screen for viewing.

3. 2, 1 LET’S JAM – Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action- we’ll be starting at the stroke of the hour.

4. A WRINKLE IN TIME – If you get lost in the time, you can calculate where the audience is by checking the minute- For example, if it’s 6:15 pm PST, then we are 15 minutes into the show. Or, just check with us in the comments and we’ll happily let you know what we’re watching.

We’re so excited to hang out in the proverbial living room with you all and watch the events of these character-studded shows unfold!

5 Likes

Can’t wait! After seeing a preview where Cindy is in Courtney’s room with a balloon just give me chills! can’t wait to watch!:grinning:

2 Likes

reserves a seat

I want to see Shiv get her just desserts, and I’m sure it’ll be a corker whilst watching with other fans.

1 Like

Can’t wait :blush:

2 Likes

One more hour to go!
:point_up:

1 Like

“You’ll float too. :)”

2 Likes

I’m ready for Season 2, wait I mean Shiv Part 2!:grin:

1 Like

Can’t believe we’re already on episode 8! Seems like it just aired yesterday.

Even with the news that Stargirl will be on CW for Season 2, glad to know more episodes are coming!

4 Likes

What I like to know is, what will become of DC Universe, since they got rid of DC Daily and the annual subscription, and now Stargirl season 2 will be on CW and not DC Universe. I’m just a concern member that really care about DC Universe. All I ask @Pretty.Poison.Bombshell, please tell your boss or Whoever is in Charge of DC Universe, please bring back the annual subscription so I can continue coming back to read comics, watch tv and movies, that’s all I care about. I can’t afford once a month.

1 Like

30 minutes until showtime!

2 Likes

20 more minutes to go! Meg who played Shiv is so nice, I was thrill that she loved my question on Shiv’s personality!:grinning:

1 Like

Aww, that’s great! She’s the complete opposite of her character’s personality for sure!

2 Likes

I’ll be here! I might be a little late, but I will try to make it on time.

2 Likes

Here’s what happen in Part 2, first we see…
…And That’s how it ended!:grin:

1 Like

I know I’m a silly individual, and not as much into watching conflict, and it probably wouldn’t be as much fun if Shiv’s first meeting with Stargirl had gone this way.
Shiv: “Courtney?”
Stargirl: “Cindy?”
Shiv: “Hey - we can hang out now! … But I want to break things.”
Stargirl: “Is there a quarry around here? So many Doctors can’t all be wrong.”
[Scene: quarry outside town]
Shiv: “Let’s smash some rocks!”
Stargirl, singing a Fred Rogers song: “What do you do with the mad that you feel? …”
Shiv joins in, with a montage of attack sculpting.
As they finish with "A girl can grow up to be a woman, and a boy can grow up to be a man, they finish recognizable sculptures of Amethyst and Steven Universe. Oops. Now we’re in copyright trouble.

3 Likes

Welcome to DC Universe @wplemmond3rd.68446! Love the Mister Rogers part in your post!:grinning:

2 Likes

Less than 10 minutes to go! Get those snacks and drinks because I’ll be counting it down soon!

3 Likes

I thought of Spoiling the first minute of the episode, but that would be breaking the rules!:fearful:

2 Likes

My best roommate ever got the Tom Hanks as Fred Rogers “A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood” on DVD from Netflix. It’s amazing. Allow a whole day, as you’ll want to watch all the DVD extras, and see the movie again, with the commentary. There’s a restaurant scene where the actual Mrs. Rogers, and several original cast and crew, are among the restaurant patrons.

3 Likes

Only a few minutes! :clock9:

3 Likes