WATCH-ALONG! Doom Patrol S2, E8 Watch-Along! THURSDAY, JULY 30th @6PM PST/9PM EST

Last week’s episode was the height of weirdness, with a little “ewww, gross” thrown in for good measure.

Our illustrious crew, minus Cliff who was making the trek home after crashing back from space, decides not to head the tons of warnings on a box delivered to the manner and discovers inside the blank canvas where Mr. Nobody and Beard Hunter used to be trapped - except for a ton of pink dots all over the canvas.

Turns out the canvas was infected with scants - pink humanoid pests that place bad ideas into your brain and push ‘idiot’ out of your ears (only visible to scants) – the scants use the ‘idiot’ to feed the queen which gives her extraordinary powers and only those with butthole masks can breathe without the scants going into your head – eventually the bad ideas will compound and lead to the death of the infected.

And boy, did the bad ideas abound!

Now that our crew is back to their normal, weird selves what’s going to happen next? And what was that cryptic conversation between the Chief and Willoughby all about in the Yukon? What did Candlemaker mean?

Gotta watch to find out!
Please read on below to prepare yourself for how this works:

:white_check_mark:THE DEETS​:white_check_mark:
Who: You, silly!
What: Doom Patrol Season 2, Episode 8
Where: Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments below! Maybe on your phone! But also, you’ll be watching Doom Patrol on a big screen. So there, too.
When: Thursday, July 30th, starting at 6p PST/9p EST

Why: Because the community that geeks out together, stays together.
How: Great question- read below!

1. CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – You must have a subscription to DC Universe to access Doom Patrol.

2. DUAL-WIELDING – Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices; Your phone for comments, and your big screen for viewing.

3. 2, 1 LET’S JAM – Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action- we’ll be starting at the stroke of the hour.

4. A WRINKLE IN TIME – If you get lost in the time, you can calculate where the audience is by checking the minute- For example, if it’s 6:15 pm PST, then we are 15 minutes into the show. Or, just check with us in the comments and we’ll happily let you know what we’re watching.

We’re so excited to hang out in the proverbial living room with you all and watch the events of these character-studded shows unfold!

9 Likes

Excited for the episode!

6 Likes

I keep thinking today is Thursday and that should be able to watch it already :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Can not wait for the episode.

4 Likes

Sameee!

4 Likes

I have done this a few times sadly!

4 Likes

I think part of the problem was that I don’t usually stay up late to watch Stargirl…but this week I did…and it threw me off :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I just couldn’t wait.

No spoilers.

3 Likes

This WAL is going to be so much fun!!!

3 Likes

Unfortunately, I won’t be here tonight—which means, neither will my (possibly) frustrating optimism in regards to Vic’s love life :joy: (Hey @TheCosmicMoth. :facepunch:t3:) I’ll be by for the out-of-context goodness, tho. Enjoy everyone! Take care! :purple_heart:

5 Likes

@Razzzcat Nooooo! (Said Spaceman Cliff)

3 Likes

I am bummed your optimistic take on the subject will not be around, @Razzzcat

Someone’s got to keep my pessimism balanced! I hope you have a great night, but please come back!

4 Likes

@DuckGrayson_TheBoyFriendWonder I hear you on thrown off. I think I’ve been awake for the better part of the week.

2 Likes

I have been trying to keep a somewhat regular sleep schedule

2 Likes

WooHoo! 30 minutes to go time!

1 Like

Sorry I won’t be able to make it! I feel like I’ve missed so many WALs :pensive: hopefully I’ll be back Monday and next Thursday! See you all then :grin:

3 Likes

Hello fellow Doom Patrol Watch-Alongers! :wave: :sunglasses:
Well, there are also unfortunately a few pressing matters that I also have to tend to at this time so I won’t be able to stay long… But, I shall return to check in later! :grin:
Hope that everyone enjoys the show! :superman_hv_4:

3 Likes

I missed you on Monday @Pretty.Poison.Bombshell

1 Like

Oh man, @Razzzcat, @TheDankKnight1939, & @ajm08g! I hate to hear you won’t be here, but totally understand!

Plus - the next best thing to watching live with us is reading the comments out of context! :wink:

5 Likes

Missed you too, @DuckGrayson_TheBoyFriendWonder! I, unfortunately, had food poisoning, but I’m all better now!

2 Likes