WATCH-ALONG! Doom Patrol S2, E1-E3 Watch-Along! THURSDAY, JUNE 25th @5PM PST/8PM EST

WATCH-ALONG! Doom Patrol S2, E1-E3 Watch-Along! THURSDAY, JUNE 25th @5PM PST/8PM EST

That moment we’ve all been waiting for is FINALLY HERE!!! Doom Patrol Season 2 is upon us! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

Let’s do a little recap of the Season 1 Finale to make sure we’re all up-to-date, shall we?

Let’s see - our rag-tag group of superheroes gathered together once more to help out The Chief with rescuing his daughter, even though none of them wanted anything to do with him after the startling revelation from Mr. Nobody that The Chief was the man responsible for what all of them had become.

Together they entered into the painting that Danny the Street had become to search for Dorothy while taking on the towering Ezekial and Admiral Whiskers.

Surprisingly, with the help of Mr. Nobody, the gang rescued Dorothy, got swallowed by a giant cockroach, and escaped the painting/Danny the Street before the nuclear explosion caused by Negative Man.

Of course, now Danny the Street has been reduced to a brick, Mr. Nobody & Beard Hunter are trapped in a canvas, and everyone, except for Larry, is the size of a small action figure.

Whew! That about covers it! The only question now is - what happens next?

Gotta watch to find out!

Please read on below to prepare yourself for how this works:

:white_check_mark:THE DEETS​:white_check_mark:

Who: You, silly!

What: Doom Patrol Season 2, Episode 1-3

Where: Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments below! Maybe on your phone! But also, you’ll be watching Doom Patrol on a big screen. So there, too.

When: Thursday, June 25th, starting at 5p PST/8p EST

Episode 1: 5p PST/ 8p EST

Episode 2: 6:05p PST/ 9:05p EST

Episode 3: 7:10p PST/ 10:10p EST

Why: Because the community that geeks out together, stays together.

How: Great question- read below!

1. CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – You must have a subscription to DC Universe to access Doom Patrol.

2. DUAL-WIELDING – Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices; Your phone for comments, and your big screen for viewing.

3. 2, 1 LET’S JAM – Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action- we’ll be starting at the stroke of the hour.

4. A WRINKLE IN TIME – If you get lost in the time, you can calculate where the audience is by checking the minute- For example, if it’s 6:15 pm PST, then we are 15 minutes into the show. Or, just check with us in the comments and we’ll happily let you know what we’re watching.

We’re so excited to hang out in the proverbial living room with you all and watch the events of these character-studded shows unfold!

16 Likes

[excitement barf]

10 Likes

10 Likes

Season 2: If you didn’t come to party, don’t bother knockin’ on my door . . .

June 25th: Forever is gonna start tonight . . .

11 Likes

Woof, that’s a LOT of episodes in one go. Will that be too much craziness for one night? We’ll find out! :smiley:

9 Likes

It’s been a while since I’ve joined a watch-along. I think maybe the last one I was a part of was for Swamp Thing. I don’t think there’s a more appropriate time to join back in on the action than for :donkey_dp: Doom Patrol Season 2 :donkey_dp: :smiley:

8 Likes

OOOOOOhhhhhh! I will be there will bells on!

I subbed in the first place for the animation (which has not disappointed me once), and DOOM PATROL wasn’t even anything I had known about before I subbed. It was a great surprise when it debuted, and I’m rewatching the first divine season to prepare for more serious weirdness.

8 Likes

Ugh! Six more days? Might as well be six more years. CAN’T WAIT!

7 Likes

Cannot wait. I’m so excited!!

8 Likes

Wooooo! Been anticipating this since last week! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face: :robotman_dp: :heart:

6 Likes

We’re almost there!!

6 Likes

Hey, all —

For those with HBO Max and DC Universe subscriptions, what time do the episodes drop on each platform? Is it midnight PDT on HBO Max and (like season 1) 6am PDT on DCU?

4 Likes

i don’t know, but welcome, @Secret-HQ!

4 Likes

Woooo! Hooooo! Totally stoked to get the work day done & cozy in for some seriously sweet awesomeness from the one the only, Doom Patrol!

5 Likes

Thursdays are movie night with my family so I’m gonna be cutting it pretty close :smile: Hopefully i’ll make it on time. If not I’ll most likely be able to catch up for episode 2

Also, welcome @Secret-HQ!

5 Likes

Ah, Thursday. FINALLY!!! See everyone later for the strangeness . . . :facepunch:t3:

Thanks again @Pretty.Poison.Bombshell

hey @Secret-HQ, welcome. not sure exactly of the the times, but there is usually a day-to-hours-to-minutes counter in the top left corner for upcoming episodes on DCU. early in the am - 5 or 6, sounds about right for that.

6 Likes

Just binged (a few at a time) all 14 episodes, and am watching “Ezekiel Patrol” in joyful preparation!

6 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcomes, @biff_pow, @NovellPaladin, and @xLOVEandDoomPatrolx!

Looks like 9am ET/6am PT turned out to be the right times for the DCU drop. I’m still curious when HBO Max drops programs, but I’m guessing it’s midnight PT/3am ET. (If anyone knows, shout me out!)

My wife is putting the finishing touches on our Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Salads now, and we’re going to dive in a little early. (I may pop in and check on the official watch-along in a bit.)

7 Likes

Sorry everybody sadly and unfortunately I’m going to have to miss out on this WAL, :sob: due to other project that have my attention. Hope to be back for nxt week WAL.

PS: Its great to have Doom Patrol back and hasn’t lost its step can’t wait for the rest of the episodes

8 Likes

I couldn’t bring myself to burn through 3 episodes in 1 day :sob: I’m only going to do the wal for the first episode :sob: I hope the people who demanded multiple episode drops are happy :sob: you made me look like this :sob:

9 Likes