šŸ“ŗWatch-AlongšŸ“ŗ Doom Patrol S1 E01! Friday, February 15th @6pm PST/9pm EST

(Reposted due to technical error)

The hype is real, folks! DOOM PATROL has hit the scene certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes, and now itā€™s time to see the freshness for yourself! Come join your fellow DC community in a live Watch-Along of the premiere episode of DC Universeā€™s original series, DOOM PATROL.

For those who have joined a Watch-Along before, you know the drill! For those who havenā€™t joined a Watch-Along before, this is a great way to enjoy the bizarre and wonderful world presented to you here today.

:white_check_mark:THE DEETSā€‹:white_check_mark:

Who: You, silly!

What: DOOM PATROL, S01 E01.

Where: Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments below! Maybe on your phone! But also, youā€™ll be watching DOOM PATROL on another screen to make it easier. So there, too.

When: Friday, February 15th, @6pm PST/9pm EST.

Why: Because the community that geeks out together, stays together.

How: Great question- read below!

=========================
:point_down:RULES OF THE ROADā€‹:point_down:

If this is your first time, please read below to prepare yourself for how this will work.

Requirements and Recommendations for Participation:

1. CANā€™T WIN IF YOU DONā€™T PLAY ā€“ You must have a subscription to DC Universe to access DOOM PATROL.

2. DUAL-WIELDING ā€“ Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices; Your phone for comments, and your big screen for viewing.

3. 2, 1 LETā€™S JAM ā€“ Have your clicking finger on the ā€œplayā€ button and ready for action- weā€™ll be starting at the strike of the hour.

4. A WRINKLE IN TIME ā€“ If you get lost in the time, you can calculate where the audience is by checking the minute- For example, itā€™s itā€™s 6:15pm PST, then we are 15 minutes into the episode.

5. CRISP, REFRESHING CHROME EXTENSIONS ā€“ If youā€™re having trouble keeping up with the comments (understandably), there are Chrome extensions out there that automatically refresh the page as often as you program it to. Worth a shot!

Grab your nearest spirit of choice, settle in, and be ready for a wild ride!

17 Likes

Sorry the link on this changed folks, hope those who were planning to join can still come! :rofl:

4 Likes

@Applejack - No matter what thread itā€™s on - I will be there!

4 Likes

All good itā€™s a great start

3 Likes

See you at 8

3 Likes

See you later!

3 Likes

ā€œGrab your nearest spirit of choiceā€ - lol. Let me tell you about last night for meā€¦ my spirit of choice tonight is coffee.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be there for sure, this is gonna be weird and fun but I think weā€™re all ok with that!

3 Likes

Why so late? Iā€™m still coming. Great to see some familiar ā€˜facesā€™!:partying_face:

2 Likes

It is 9 right? Or was that a typo?:thinking:

2 Likes

Itā€™s 9pm Eastern time, yup. It was moved an hour later because they offered a vote and the west coasters won, lol.

2 Likes

I just noticed that wow Iā€™m sorry everyone if I confused anyone I was used to 8pm I didnā€™t even look at the time change

2 Likes

Iā€™m gonna make it to this one! Huzzah!!! Haha

3 Likes

Ok, thanks! Man, Iā€™m glad itā€™s on a Friday :wink:

3 Likes

I shall have a bag of the eats as I watch a longā€¦in the Watch-A-Long.

Yes. That will do.

2 Likes

The first episode was great, I wish that they would have let us binge the whole season.

1 Like

Watched it this morning and now canā€™t wait to rewatch it in a while with all of you!

3 Likes

Yaaay! Itā€™s been too long since you joined a Watch-Along, @TX85 :smiley:

4 Likes

We ran a poll a few weeks back asking people if theyā€™d prefer a time chance, particularly those on the West coast who still need to make it home from work. We updated the time from 5pm PST to 6pm PST to try something new :slight_smile: If it doesnā€™t work out weā€™ll change it back.

3 Likes

So glad to see all the familiar faces gathering up!

1 Like