WATCH-ALONG! Batman: Gotham By Gaslight Watch-Along! FRIDAY, September 4th @5PM PST/8PM EST

Inspired by the landmark one-shot Elseworlds tale by Brian Augustyn and Mike Mignola, Batman: Gotham By Gaslight takes place at the turn of the century as America’s continued industrial revolution is to be showcased at a World’s Fair hosted by Gotham City. But while the world prepares to witness the glittery glory of Gotham’s technological advances, there is a killer loose in the city’s darkest shadows. Preying on the city’s women, this killer is as precise as he is cruel. As Police Commissioner James Gordon tries to calm the fears of Gotham’s citizens regarding the butcher called Jack the Ripper, the masked vigilante Batman enacts his own detective work—with the help of confident, capable Selina Kyle—to stop the Ripper’s murderous spree. Witness a world in flames as the notorious serial killer’s controlled savagery meets the calculated stealth of the Dark Knight.

Please read on below to prepare yourself for how this works:

:white_check_mark:THE DEETS​:white_check_mark:
Who: You, silly!
What: Batman: Gotham By Gaslight
Where : Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments below! Maybe on your phone! But also, you’ll be watching Batmen: Gotham By Gaslight on a big screen. So there, too.
When:: Friday, September 4th at 5p PST/8p EST
Why: Because the community that geeks out together, stays together.
How: Great question- read below!

1. CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – You must have a subscription to DC Universe to access Batman: Gotham By Gaslight.

2. DUAL-WIELDING – Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices; Your phone for comments, and your big screen for viewing.

3. 2, 1 LET’S JAM – Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action- we’ll be starting at the stroke of the hour.

4. CREDITS MUST ROLL - Please do not skip the opening or end credits so we all stick together. Anyone lost in the Speed Force, just let us know!

5. A WRINKLE IN TIME – If you get lost in the time, you can calculate where the audience is by checking the minute- For example, if it’s 5:15 pm PST, then we are 15 minutes into the show. Or, just check with us in the comments and we’ll happily let you know what we’re watching.

We’re so excited to hang out in the proverbial living room with you all and watch the events of this character-studded show unfold!

8 Likes

Is this movie good?

3 Likes

It’s a really interesting look at an alternate dimension Batman- if you like the Steampunk vibe, you should definitely join us for this Watch-Along tonight!

:tophat:
:slight_smile:

4 Likes

I was already about to pull it up. May have jumped the gun a little. I watched this awhile ago, but looking forward to rewatching it with the community.

3 Likes

30 minutes until showtime!

4 Likes

I’ve already got it pulled up and ready for that GO moment! :rofl:

I’m ashamed to say this, but I haven’t watched this since right after the service launched! :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Im trying to get 20 minutes worth of work in before this. :unamused: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :rofl:

4 Likes

I should be doing the same. I should be putting in notes from my sessions today but nah I’m sitting here waiting to start the movie haha

2 Likes

Less than 15 minutes!

3 Likes

I wish I could see it but unfortunately I’m not home so I can’t have two screens up. This stinks, I really wanted to do this Watch-Along.

4 Likes

Oh no! You can always read the comments out of context later - sometimes that’s the best part. :laughing:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Is everyone READY?

2 Likes

Looks like it might be a cozy WAL tonight!

3 Likes

Sweet had to get my sister on the same page

3 Likes

Small cozy group tonight?

2 Likes

1 Like

Love the music already.

1 Like

I love this Elseworlds story and the music is just like I hear it in my head.

2 Likes

Ivy!

3 Likes