Warner Bros. Streaming Service w/ Arrowverse?!!!

TV Line said that the CW’s streaming deal with Netflix expires this Spring. That could mean anywhere from March through May. I have to believe that unless Netflix decides to re-sign up for more money, the CW shows, including the DC ones will be leaving. It will suck for those who are limiting themselves in streaming subscriptions because I know not everyone can afford multiple streaming services and I’m sure most rely on Netflix.

Warner Bros has no interest in keeping the CW shows on Netflix stateside, Netflix International is a different story. A year from now Netflix will be a very different site, it will lose all of its WB & Disney content, so it will shrink by at least half.

I really hope that this service does not get left out when it comes to DC content. Good thing I record the CW shows. Also, I probably should have included an article…

See its not just me

I doubt Netflix is going to lose all of its Disney and WB content. Its too big of a platform for them to just ignore.

1 Like

They said they want all there shows on Warner media at least as of this spring the Cw shows I still think CBS all access should get some shows

I’d like to see them here. At minimum I feel that previous seasons should be here whether they are elsewhere or not. I say that because as far as I know they are already on more than 1 platform. For example, they’re on both NETFLIX AND AMAZON PRIME for right now and wherever else. I assume it’s a matter of legal issues and contracts. I hope that’s all it is. If so I also hope they get WHATEVER legal work that it takes started so it can run its course. We shouldn’t have to wait till the shows are completely off air for years to have every version of flash here though.

(The best case scenario in my hopes is a situation with the previous seasons and simulcasting the new stuff on here too because its dc content and it’s not like simulcasts has never happened before. I know I’m guessing but still … contracts, licenses and agreements have expiration dates and sometimes they can be amended. Bottom line is it’s all just people. If the right people make the right deals, the right agreements, the right future plans aka the right decisions to make it happen then eventually it will. If not then it won’t. EVERY thing else is details. I get that we must be reasonable. I also get that people are rigid.)

They are availiable on Netflix and Amazon prime technically. But unless it has changed since I was last on Amazon Prime (which has been a while) you have to pay to watch the episodes on Amazon and are not included as part of Prime, vs them being on Netflix to watch as part of the service.

I am curious to see what will happen with Netflix. Even with Warner and Disney launching their own service not like there is not other content out for them. But I think the days of one service having content from everyone like Amazon, Hulu and Netflix now do could be ending real soon. So enjoy it while it last.

I just wonder if this won’t be seen looking back as the beginning of the end for Amazon. They are I would assume hoping people will stay on for their original shows which they build a huge library of… and they just might. But will people continue to pay year round if they are just sticking around for Stranger Things, or GLOW to drop 10-13 episodes they can binge in a couple days once a year? Will be curious to see.

I meant be seen as the beginning of the end for Netflix.

1 Like

Because Warner Bros owns DC Universe and Disney owns Hulu and Marvel those are the only streaming services I need right now. I wish there was a service that did all comic books, comic book TV shows, comic book movies, and even convention stuff too. (Can’t remember other creators other than DC and Marvel, I know I’ve heard of a few)

1 Like

Disney will own 60% of Hulu after the FOX deal is all done.

1 Like

I’m really hoping we get the CW shows on here as well as Warner Streaming. I don’t see any reason it can’t be on both.

2 Likes

Warner Brothers is pure greed, it’s all about the money… DC Universe members are not going to be happy…

Oh I agree although everyone is about the money. Not like Sony or Disney would say "we have these hot commodities… do we put them on the big service we want to get huge numbers and make a lot of money with them? Nah put them on the smaller service and make less money and hurt the potential of out big money maker… it would be a nice thing to do… said no executive ever.

But I agree while I want to think there is a chance the CW shows will end up on here soon. I have a hard time believing they won’t use something like that on the service they want to compete with Netflix against. It would not be a good business move on paper sadly.

I do feel bad for people who cana’t afford a lot. But the truth is that times have changed and the days of a single streaming service having a huge selection from EVERYONE… we need to enjoy that while we can. It is likely about to go away.

Silly businesses and their desires to be successful.

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

2 Likes

If anyone runs a Sarcasm Detector over my previous post, you best be prepared for a High Level reading. It’s loaded with the stuff :wink:

1 Like

Don’t see why they can’t be on both services

1 Like

I like the idea of them being on both services but I think it will be ridiculous if we see DCEU movies and stuff go only to the WB one.

1 Like