Warner Bros. Streaming Service w/ Arrowverse?!!!

I hope not. I’ve been a huge DC fan but not putting the Arrowverse shows on DC Universe as well would be a major dissapointment. Not sure how accurate this news is but it’s better to speak out now. Are you ok with buying another streaming service if you want to watch the Arrowverse shows?

7 Likes

Well, I already have Netflix as it is and that’s another service.

2 Likes

Yeah the Arrowverse shows are already on Netflix so I’m already paying to watch them separately, I don’t find it that big of a deal.

1 Like

Here’s an article on it: https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/02/11/arrow-flash-riverdale-supergirl-leaving-netflix-the-cw/

3 Likes

There has been more information about the Warner Bros. streaming service rolling out today, but there is not yet any final word on how DC Universe will be packaged with the service, and it has not been fully declared that the CW shows WON’T be on DC Universe. It’s a bit too early to interrobang (such a good word) about it yet.

4 Likes

Thank you for the update Applejack, much better to hear anything from someone within DC Universe/DC than to guess from an article. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Googles “interrobang”

3 Likes

Applejack, my guess is that the CW shows will be accessed on the WB App through the DC Universe App. I would also guess the DCU will be available as a stand alone service as it is now, or on the WB as part of a bundle

1 Like

I hope there is a bundle, I have/love HBO and DC Universe. So if there was almost a triple play with HBO/DCU/WarnerMedia service I would jump right on it.

3 Likes

Just found this article, https://www.slashfilm.com/warnermedia-streaming-service-update/

3 Likes

It’s interesting that the list of films in that latter article didn’t include Harry Potter. But regardless, I’m paid through mid December and I’m prepared to see what happens then. Hopefully there will still be a DC option at a reasonable price.

It says the entire library of films released by Warner Brothers Pictures… not sure I buy going out that the entire library will be released. I mean maybe but that is a LOT to all be availiable on launch. but we shall see I guess.

I’d be very surprised if the contents of the entire Warner Brothers film vaults are on the WB service throughout however long that service will last (I hope it has a very long, glorious and prosperous run for years and years).

WB has the largest film catalog in history, surpassing all of the other movie studios by quite a bit. Their entire film catalog (which, again is HUGE) has never been released on any home video format in the past or present. I see no reason why streaming media would change that, especially if the content is rotated like ALL other streaming services do.

In any event, (and usual) there’s nothing to hyperventilate over. Just chill out and relax. Everything will be fine.

2 Likes

Even more interesting is the reporting that WB wants ‘original DC Comics programming’ for its streaming service starting in 2020.

I mean, they could always borrow and expand the DCU stuff that’s already in production … but imagine a world where BOTH streaming services are creating separate, all-new avenues of content…

What a great time to be a DC fan…

1 Like

I miss the days when TV was easy to watch lol it’s become so fractured

2 Likes

I am a little bit confused ok alot confused by the tech world as I grew up in the late 60’s & 70’s but I read comicbooks and watched Saturday morning cartoons so WB is just too greedy to join the DC UNIVERSE streaming service and doesn’t want to share their DC based films? Why is that?

It only makes sense for WB to spread their IP as much as possible. My only question is how self sustaining can DC Universe be in light of alot of the obvious restrictions that limit the audience for what’s already a niche service even further.

1 Like

I don’t think we have to worry about the DCU being self sufficient, sounds like the WB wants to use the DCU to produce new comic book content for both apps. My guess is the DCU will be available as a stand alone App for those who don’t want anything else, and will be folded into the main WB App for those who want more.

2 Likes

I like this news. I’m assuming this is the first step in getting the Arrowverse on DCU. I knew netflix had exclusive streaming rights for most of those shows so it was a matter of time when those licenses expired.

Also I’m sure that means WB will do a bigger push for original DC shows, which in turns means more content here as well.

@BrightKnight I am hoping that’s it, wanting to be optimistic and seems hard to believe they would launch this service only to kill it a year later. I doubt CW Seed and HBO among others are all goign to go down for one super service, so am hopeful. I think the ideal thing would be for DCU to operate separately but also be a tier of WB’s service. Does seem as Marvel and Comixology show their is a market for an online comic service, and doubt they would merge that with WB’s streaming channel. So think DCU would in theory serve a purpouse to continue. And not like Disney is killing Hulu for their service.