Warner Bros. 100 Years

Honestly, besides also being upset with the handling of the Batgirl movie and news revolving other projects, I’m also just disappointed in the sucker punches done to the animation industry and creators.
Though, on a positive note, hooray for everything other than that though I guess, especially on the DC side in the past.

5 Likes

For relevancy to DC Comics, we are honestly better off honoring the 100th anniversary of Major Wheeler-Nicholson’s writing/publishing career.

In 1922, the man who founded the comics company that today is DC Comics published his first book, Modern Cavalry: Studies on Its Role in the Warfare of Today with Notes on Training for War Service.

6 Likes

A sequel to Constantine has been talked about for years at this point. Honestly it’s not a bad idea to green light a second one because it’s not going to be that expensive to film.

7 Likes

I have actually heard hordes of excitement for Constantine 2.

7 Likes

It was earlier than that. After all, the Wonder Woman television show was produced by Warner. I believe it was 1969 that DC became part of Warner.

8 Likes

Close, 67.

8 Likes

This^^^ :raised_hands: :+1:

Agreed.

8 Likes

Savior status is a lofty moniker to bestow upon an upstart reality TV baron just because they made a few solid additions to the payroll roster.

I’ll be much quicker to praise these two if things pan out, and I’m pretty confident that things will. The entertainment news press will go the same way. Gunn and Safran will get the kudos if everything shakes out well (because they did the heavy lifting), and if things don’t go as hoped Zaslav will face the wrath (rightfully so) of the board and the majority shareholders.

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

8 Likes

Could be.

Articles today are saying he’s picking a fight with Netflix just because he doesn’t understand and isn’t interested in learning the complexities of the history w Netflix. Plus, he’s objecting to practices that Discovery did themselves with regards to their productions (which, last time i checked, cost about 4 dollars per episode). Can you imagine being a Discovery producer, and you’re mostly filming people walking into houses or filming someone with a screwdriver, yet Discovery is saying they’ll have to reimburse you later?

7 Likes

Selina K. is the subject of this WB100 clip:

:catwoman_hv_1: :catwoman_hv_1: :catwoman_hv_1:

BTW- at the 25:04 minute mark in the above clip we see the scene where the clip below from HQAS pays homage to BTAS:

:00_harlivy: :00_harlivy: :00_harlivy:

8 Likes

Villains of DC feature in this WB100 clip:

9 Likes

Fair enough. I could recommend some segments from newer episodes, but I don’t want to be pushy.

7 Likes

Two her from WB’s catalog that feature demonstrably two of the most brilliant filmmakers OAT here:

6 Likes

Every time I watch the ending of Inception I am :cry: :face_holding_back_tears: becuz it reminds me so much of when BFF89, LittleSis89, Mama89 and someone else reached into the abyss itself and rescued me from the ex-monster.

When Cobb comes out of the dream and sees his friends and those he loves it reminds me of all of us leaving Miami International…

… and ugly crying in Mama’s arms when she took me back.

Excellent @xLOVEandDoomPatrolx @TheWifeOfJasonTodd Mighty @Mae and Mr @biff_pow- pleez come hold my hand now.

8 Likes

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

8 Likes

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

8 Likes

x196
x1342
bw2
x1864

:hugs: :purple_heart: :hugs: :purple_heart: :hugs:

7 Likes

golden-girls-group-hug

(Finding that was an unexpected challenge for my finger)

7 Likes

tenor

7 Likes

:face_holding_back_tears:

:hugs: :purple_heart: :hugs: :purple_heart: :hugs: :purple_heart:

8 Likes