Want Me to Defend the Batman (2021)?

I have the same feelings about this with Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Titans, the list goes on. From the slight differences, to the fact that it takes a cast, team crew, filming, editing, costume designers, body/stunt doubles, a fight (if needed) choreography team, script writers (which is NOT easy to do at all despite common belief. I should know, my best friend does it), not to mention potential reshoots and deleted scenes that all fall under this thing called a budget. Sometimes I feel like claiming that movies/shows suck is disregarding all the work that was put into it. And video games… well… that’s a whole lot of different types of work to put into but it’s hard to do as well and should be appreciated more.

2 Likes

I think Titans and Batwoman sucked butt but Birds of Prey was great in my opinion. It does take a lot to make a film but we don’t need a big budget to do that. Just let film makers do whatever they want with creative freedom and they could even do it with a low budget just like JOKER did.

2 Likes

Exactly, and if people like it or hate it, life goes on. sips tea and watches the moon rise while sitting in an old school wooden rocking chair on the front porch on a soon to be stormy summer night

2 Likes

I’m honestly excited. And Robert Pattinson is a genuinely good actor yes he did twilight but his other roles have so much depth. And the batmobile looks sick!

3 Likes

I remember the first time I watched Remember Me back when I was younger. Maaaaaan, I can’t even count how many times I watched it because we had recorded it on our TV,even if the ending was sad.

3 Likes

Now it seems to be going in the direction of ‘keep your opinions to yourself’

3 Likes

Kinda.

i do not enjoy batman

1 Like

Whoops, that wasn’t the point of the post. What I meant was that it’s okay to kindly say, “yeah, I didn’t like insert this thing here” but do it in a respectful manner. When I was typing the post I was more talking about the kind of people who are negative in a toxic way, and shame people for liking things because I’ve had a lot of that kind of experience. Sorry if I came off kind of “keep negative opinions to yourself”, I just know that there are people who purposely hate watch and spread hate for the sake of spreading it, and I feel like there are going to be those kinds of people with this movie because of the cast, and those people will do it anyway. It’s what happened with Birds of Prey, and other movies, like Lion King for example.

3 Likes

What exactly is there to defend? I mean, we know nothing about the actual narrative, direction, craft, etc. of the film yet. All we have are cast and crew announcements, a batmobile reveal, and a slight bat costume. I mean, we literally don’t even have a logo. There’s nothing to defend. Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited for this movie and everyone involved, but I’m not going to defend it. I know nothing about it. No offense, but defending this film before it’s release is just as nonsensical as complaining about it right now. There’s nothing to criticize or defend. Idk, I just feel like there are much more productive and logical conversations to have.

3 Likes

I actually can’t wait to see it!! I don’t know why people are so mad at the movie already when we even seen the full batsuit

3 Likes

These isn’t that much to either criticize or defend at the moment.

2 Likes

Well people just for some reason complain when there’s nothing. People just started doing that when they heard Robert Pattinson as Batman but deceit the fact ms that prove he won’t be bad some people just won’t stop and always defend they’re pride without stop.

1 Like

I love Robert Pattinson. I think he’s incredible as an actor and I’m excited to see what he’ll do in th role. But just like I would croticize those people saying he’ll be bad in the role, id criticize you for saying his acting will be great. We dont know. We dont even have a trailer, so who’s to say? You know what i mean?

2 Likes

Personally I have nothing to complain about. I am extremely excited about this movie, but I would be for just about any Batman movie. I can’t wait to see how they adapt The Long Halloween for feature film, and I hope they don’t change too much of the main storyline. It’s a bummer we have to wait for it, but I’m sure it will be worth the wait. I am also very curious how they tie this film into the existing DC movie universe.

3 Likes

@TheWifeOfJasonTodd, you mean like a person saying “anyone that didn’t like BvS isn’t smart enough to understand it”?

@sairaxtodd, they are bashing due to the actor cast as Batman for his role in the “Twilight Saga” movies

1 Like

I’m excited for this movie although… Director, please don’t make this live action Batman a killer or someone who doesn’t save others when he has the opportunity to. If you are going to do that just make an Azrael Batman movie instead.

Do you all think he’ll kill or purposely not save someone?

1 Like

I don’t have enough information to have any real complaints. But I’m not exactly excited for it. I would have liked to see some different villains than Penguin and Riddler.

1 Like

Basically. I know that not everything is going to apply to everyone, but I think it’s unnecessary to shame people in an aggressive way for what they like or don’t. In high school, I had made friends with this group of people, who like me, were very interested in their Fandoms. Some we shared, some we didn’t, but there came a point where if you mentioned that your opinion was different from theirs, full on arguments would break out, to the point where I felt that just being quiet and not saying anything at all was the only safe option. At one point I just decided to drop out of the group quietly, and they didn’t even notice
that I stopped hanging out with them. Every fan is different, but Fandom doesn’t have to be toxic when fans talk. The reason why I mentioned this on this thread is because I know that, as you’ve mentioned, there are people who want to hate this movie because of Pattinson and his infamous history, which I think it’s not okay to judge a movie that we haven’t seen much of, and there is as of now people who are interested in this movie. I think that in my initial post I let my own personal feelings overtake a part of my initial wording and it changed the outlook of it, and that was never the intention I had.

2 Likes