VOTING CLOSED! Your Complete Guide to DC's 2021 Round Robin Brackets

So, here’s my updated tally:

Dick Grayson: Bruce’s and Dick’s parents have to die.
Total: 4

Jason Todd: Same as Dick.

Carrie Kelley: Same as Dick and Jason, but Jason dies and Dick goes insane.
Total: 6

Tim Drake: Same as Carrie, only Dick becomes Nightwing instead of the Joker… And Dick being Nightwing requires Superman, which requires all of Krypton to die.
Total: Billions?

Stephanie Brown: Same as Tim.

Damian Wayne: Blah blah, Demon’s Head, Damien Dahrk, etc., and also the same number as Tim and Steph, since Jason comes back and Steph “dies”.

Duke Thomas: Bruce’s and Dick’s parents, Duke’s parents, the Joker, but on the bright side, Steph is back.
Total: 7

Maps Mizoguchi: Bruce’s and Dick’s parents and that’s it.

4 Likes

The solicitation is out for Robins #1!

3 Likes

I hope we will know Damian’s new name by the time Robins comes out, since they’re supposed to all be former Robins and it would be weird if he didn’t have a codename.

3 Likes

Wait a minute - Oh, gods, how could I have been so stupid? Obviously, Alfred has to die, for Maps to be Robin! HOW COULD I FORGET ALFRED???

3 Likes

So, to recap:
Dick: 4
Jason: 4
Carrie: 6
Tim: Billions?
Stephanie: Billions?
Damian: Billions?
Duke: 7
Maps: 5

3 Likes

Alright, here’s yet another one.

Dick Grayson: Well, obviously, Bruce’s and Dick’s parents, and this other Robin if her story is true, and you also have to consider everyone who has to fall for the universe to reach its current state: Ouranous/Uranus killed by Kronos/Saturn who then was imprisoned in Tartarus by Zeus/Jupiter, who took over the world and instructed Hepheastus/Vulcan to create humankind, Adam and Eve kicked out of Eden, everyone who died when America was colonized, King George going insane after losing the American Revolution…
Total: I’m too lazy to look it up, so I’ll just say probably tens of millions

Jason Todd: Same as Dick
Total: Tens of millions?

Carrie Kelley: Same as Dick and Jason, only also Dick and and Jason

Tim Drake: Same as Carrie, only Dick becomes Nightwing instead of the Joker, which requires Superman, which requires Krypton to blow up

Stephanie Brown: Same as Tim

Damian Wayne: Same as Tim and Steph, since Steph “dies” and Jason comes back, making things even, only also Ra’s ascension, requiring the destruction of his old home, and Damien Dahrk being kicked out

Duke Thomas: Back to the same as Dick and Jason, only also Duke’s parents and the Joker

Maps Mizoguchi: Same as Damian, since Steph comes back and Alfred dies, making things even

3 Likes

Maps is canon. (although an Elseworlds thing would be great)

3 Likes

I also think the unnamed near-future Robin in the Valentine’s Day special is probably an older Maps.

Future Robin

3 Likes

Yeah, no, that’s totally the “r” logo that Dick and Maps use, which is slightly blunter than the other four.

3 Likes

Okay, MIND BLOWN, you guys. Remember, in Doomsday Clock #12, according to Manhattan, on June 17, 2026, Superman goes on a quest to find Bruce Wayne’s lost daughter so she can save Bruce’s son. Lost daughter… What if it’s Jenny Wren? :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

3 Likes

Alright, I’m calling it. The Fugitive Robin* is Carrie Kelley.

*It’s a Doctor Who joke.

2 Likes

The only Robin famous for her use of slingshots.

2 Likes

Alright. So, my response to issue two: The Fugitive Robin is totally real. She’s not delusional, or Clayface, or some temporally-displaced Metaverse version of Carrie or Helena or Maps. But, you remember my theory about her having been Bruce’s sidekick when he was Robin as a kid? (Remember: It all matters, because it all happened.) It’s probably not that either, because of the whole gauntlet thing. Why would Bruce have put her through a gauntlet if he didn’t have any more experience than her? I mean, he is Bruce, so… Never mind. He would totally do that.

3 Likes

Also, I’m a little confused by the timeline here. As I said, the solicits really lean into this idea of all five being former Robins, but Damian is still wearing his Robin costume.

3 Likes

OK, so Robins got made and now Blue Beetle: Graduation Day is on the way.

Next up on my wishlist…

The Brave and the Bug!

4 Likes

That’s some good news.

I know this was like a year ago, but here’s some more proof I found over the last little while and immediately thought of this:

“In a July 2011 Comic Vine interview, Judd Winick - writer of the “Under the Hood” (2005–06) story arc that saw Jason Todd resurrected as the Red Hood, and the miniseries Red Hood: The Lost Days (2010) - staff member Sara Lima asked Winick if Jason is bisexual.[38] In response, Winick stated that Jason’s sexual encounter with Talia al Ghul was the first time he was ever in a relationship with someone. Winick also admitted that he was trying to dodge the question as there are certain things that he is prevented from discussing and “DC Comics doesn’t like [him] talking about”.[38] Specifically, that DC Comics doesn’t “like us [writers] talking about things like that [characters’ non-heterosexual identities]”.[38]” - Wikipedia

(Might have to zoom in on that one… )

But there you go. Since Tim is already confirmed, that’s three of the first four Robins.

3 Likes