VOTING CLOSED! Your Complete Guide to DC's 2021 Round Robin Brackets

Welcome to the community, @Kelechi.obiahaoma.67356! Do you mean you’d want to see a Power Rangers/DC crossover in the future? I’d highly recommend you check out Justice League/Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, it was published in 2017. :muscle:

Welcome back to the community, @jeagan25.59189! I’m guessing that means Robins got your vote then? :batparrot:

Please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you need anything!

5 Likes

I just now found out about this (I know, I know, two months behind is a bit bad). I’m going Robins all the way, although both of the surviving pitches are interesting and a lot of the knocked out ones sound great as well.

5 Likes

Of existing media including the Robins and Suicide Squad, what’s everybody’s favourite take on it?

5 Likes

This is a friendly reminder to please keep this discussion based around the topic :slight_smile: aka Robins vs Suicide Squad Seven!

That being said, I might just have to vote for Suicide Squad Seven, personally! :open_mouth: I do love the Batfamily, as many people clearly do, however I think SS7 will bring something more fresh into our hands. And I mean… why would I ever say no to more Harley Quinn?

9 Likes

The people in my Twitter mentions saying they want her dead…but no pleasing everybody!
(In all seriousness, every popular character has a small cult of people who rabidly dislike them. I’m like that with the Joker.)

I definitely agree that suicide squad seven feels a little fresher- but I also read more bat fam comic content do that might be my own bias speaking!

6 Likes

Suicide Squad Seven has my vote. The art was more kinetic and the concept is much more in line with what the Suicide Squad is supposed to represent. Tim Seeley can go a lot of different directions given the subjects, many of them hit/miss.

Also,The Robins book is too good to not get an actual ongoing: economics makes the 6 issue mini less engaging because it will happen as an ongoing later.

Strong pitches either way. As it goes.

6 Likes

Indeed indeed, these are very strong pitches. I’m hoping the new Suicide Squad movie coming soon will garner support for more Suicide Squad stuff. Only time will tell!

6 Likes

Definitely ROBINS! I have been a Robin fanatic for over 2/3 of my life (I’m 40, btw) so please DC, please make this comic!

9 Likes

I am only 6 years behind you, and would also love this comic!

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @ARCANUM080780.64144!

Glad to see your enthusiasm over Robins! It’s definitely something that a lot of people are looking forward to. Who is your favorite Robin?

5 Likes

Nightwing, Cassandra Cain Batgirl & OG Birds of Prey were favorites from ~2000 on. Library editions until I got a job to buy some from my LCS. Whatever else, Chuck Dixon was a really strong Batman writer.

Props on the commitment.

8 Likes

If I was to rank these different pitches from order of most wanted to least wanted for me it would have been

Etta Candy: Holliday Hero Inc
JLQ
Paws off the Justice League
Nightrunner: Love in Paris
Zatanna and the King of Nightmares
The Brave and the Bug: Crisis on Infinite Ambush
Swamp Thing: A house of secrets
Asteria: The last Amazon
Jesse Quick: Control
Son of the Creeper
Blue Beetle: Graduation Day
Green Lanterns: Underworld on Fire
Superman and Lois: Ignition
Robins
Suicide Squad Seven
Lobo/Animal Man: Scorched Earth

7 Likes

Hi LastSonOfMars,

My favorite Robin is Tim Drake. I’m one of the many that got into comics by way of Batman TAS and my father worked at a grocery store at the time. The store used to sell comics, so he brought home Robin #3 for me and it was my introduction to both Tim and Stephanie. Been a fan ever since!
I don’t usually get into online communties and such but when I saw this vote, I had to let DC know. This comic would be a Holy Grail to me. :slight_smile:
Thanks for reaching out and have a nice holiday weekend!

ARCANUM080780 etc…

10 Likes

Glad to see another person who ranks Paws off the Justice League so high! :paw_prints:

9 Likes

Casual reminder to those of us who wanted JLQ but didn’t get it that, in June, all these books will include queer main characters.
Far Sector 12, Poison Ivy: Thorns, Crush and Lobo, any book maining Harley or Wonder Woman or Catwoman, the Johnny Constantine graphic novel, and obviously DC Pride.

9 Likes

That’s a fair point, and from the sample I’m thinking Seeley’s Nightwing is a completely different character from the Wolfman and Dixon-written Nightwing I know. If anyone would make a D&D joke it’s Tim, not Dick…

10 Likes

As big of a Nightwing fan as I am, I actually voted for Suicide Squad Seven. There are new characters that have been introduced and it would be amazing if I was part of the influence that brought these newbies to full creation!

10 Likes

Robin #3 is a really fun re-introduction to Steph, and Tim was on fire! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Also im just not a fan of El Dorado going from being this big superhero of Mexico to ‘guilt ridden pacifist who murdered his parents’

I agree with your stance on El Dorado’s portrayal as a “fallen hero”. I think they could’ve brought him in without the murder backstory. Maybe captured? Coercion would be something Amanda Waller would do and often the predicament most Suicide Squad members find themselves on the team. Hopefully he does redeem himself and rejoins with the “Super Friends” or ¡Justicia!. Hopefully they don’t kill him off or make use him as a sacrifice since he is pretty OP. He’s basically Mexico’s Superman. Respeck it! Regardless, I love that he is making an appearance!

Just wish it was under better circumstances…

8 Likes

Ah, Tim Drake, huh? Very nice.

My first comic series was Geoff Johns’ Teen Titans - I still remember picking out the first issue in my first ever comic book store, just dazzled by the beautiful artwork. Thanks for sharing with us, we appreciate having you here :slight_smile:

You have a nice holiday weekend as well, friend!

6 Likes