VOTING CLOSED! Your Complete Guide to DC's 2021 Round Robin Brackets

We are about to show DC that the Bats can, and WILL lose :sweat_smile: :00_dc_pride:

7 Likes

See, I figured that she absolutely WOULD be on the team, probably as leader.

7 Likes

Yeah I was super excited and now I’m incredibly bummed out :sob:

I agree completely, JLQ sounds ambitious and would certainly make history as the first ongoing queer team book. It would be a great continuation of this year’s Pride Month efforts from DC. And hopefully it would go on for many years!

8 Likes

If the Robins book beats JLQ I hope they include Steph!!
And if JLQ beats Robins then I hope they make some already existing heroes queer, or at least hint towards that

I also hope that Super Pets means to include other heroes’ pets instead of just the Supers’! I’d love to see Batcow again!!

10 Likes

I remember him! Is it wierd I want to change my vote because you made this post?

8 Likes

Oh yeah, absolutely agreed on this. It’s not a Robins party without Stephanie Brown.

14 Likes

Is this still the issue you’re having?

7 Likes

Man, I’m… I’m actually going to have to bow out of this thread. I’m a huge Robins fan and came into my queer identity in large part as a part of Batfamily fandom spaces. Seeing Robins pitted up against JLQ is just starting to make me extremely uncomfortable, and seeing the potential for how nasty this argument is going to get… yeah, I’m out. I was excited by this idea, DC, but I can’t help but feel like this was a serious misstep. Peace, all.

10 Likes

Who are these monsters who are NOT voting for the Super Pets?!
Y’all there is a MONKEY in a little CAPE!

8 Likes

It’s all fun. No matter who wins we all get to feel like we had a hand in choosing the book that gets made.

6 Likes

That’s what I thought at first, but she’s a pretty big character, and the description would’ve probably name-dropped her. The way it’s written, makes it sound like it might be completely new characters with maybe some existing ones. But yeah, knowing who the team is would’ve been super helpful!

5 Likes

If I were to wager a guess, I figure all of these books are being made with the idea that these will probably be six-issue mini-series. But, I would hope that if successful, they would launch a new volume or just keep the numbering going.

Also, I guess I’m the only one not feeling the title of the book? I dunno, maybe it’s just me being more old-fashioned in the community. It just feels weird to have what used to be a slur on the title. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Nightwing coming out? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

8 Likes

I am a firm believer that every Robin is bisexual

15 Likes

But yeah, upon reflection, I don’t think JLQ should have been part of this Round Robin. Queer spaces shouldn’t be something we have to vote on to open up. This should have just been greenlit.

15 Likes

That reminds me, who would you guys put on a LGBT Justice League team?

My vote goes to:

Batwoman
Aqualad
Artemis
Alan Scott / Green Lantern
Sir Ystin / Shining Knight
Bunker
John Constantine
Thunder

10 Likes

I’d honestly be happy with any book. I think the exciting part is how dc’s letting the reader interact with the books like this.

6 Likes

I can totally see that, but I think by now it’s been completely reclaimed. I think at least for myself I have been hearing people using it constantly for about 4-5 years if not more. I suppose it depends on how old you are, too, but I imagine most Millennial and Gen Z folks who are LGBTQ wouldn’t think twice about it. One of my favorite podcasts is Queery with Cameron Esposito. I think it’s been on the air since probably 2017.

10 Likes

Wait, which Artemis? And how did I not know this about either of them?

7 Likes

7 Likes